Professional bookseller's independent website

‎1900‎

Main

Parent topics

‎History‎
Number of results : 29,311 (587 Page(s))

First page Previous page 1 ... 532 533 534 [535] 536 537 538 ... 544 550 556 562 568 574 580 586 ... 587 Next page Last page

‎SULLIVAN Arthur 1842 1900‎

‎Ruddigore or The Witch's Curse Book by W. S. Gilbert. Authentic Version Edited by Edmond W. Rickett This score contains all the dialogue. Piano-vocal score‎

‎New York: G. Schirmer PN 42202 1953. Octavo. Original publisher's illustrated wrappers. i title i blank i dramatis personae i story 1 musical numbers 2 blank 3-220 pp. Titling in ink to spine. G. Schirmer [PN 42202] unknown‎

Bookseller reference : 27904

Biblio.com

J & J Lubrano Music Antiquarians LLC
United States Estados Unidos Estados Unidos États-Unis
[Books from J & J Lubrano Music Antiquarians LLC]

€18.61 Buy

‎Ruddigore; or The Witch's Curse. By W. S. Gilbert and Arthur Sullivan. Piano-vocal score‎

‎London: Chappell PN 18311 1911. Quarto. Original publisher's light gray decorative wrappers printed in dark blue. i title i blank i dramatis personae i contents 141 i publisher's advertisement pp. Wrappers somewhat worn; small tears to head and tail of spine. Chappell [PN 18311] unknown‎

Bookseller reference : 27903

Biblio.com

€33.00 Buy

‎Sullivan Arthur Sir 1842 1900. / Gilbert W. S. William Schwenck 1836 1911 /‎

‎The D'Oyly Carte Opera Company Gilbert and Sullivan Operas : Souvenir and Libretto. The Mikado‎

‎New York City : Program Pub. Co. between 1937 and 1940. Soft Cover. 20 p. : illus. ports. ; 31 cm. Cover title. This copy is extensively annotated for a performance. Stock# 45191. Good New York City : Program Pub. Co., [between 1937 and 1940] paperback‎

Bookseller reference : 45191

Biblio.com

The Owl at the Bridge
[Books from The Owl at the Bridge]

€12.69 Buy

‎The Gondoliers; or The King of Barataria. by W. S. Gilbert and Arthur Sullivan Joint Authors of "Thespis; or The Gods Grown Old" : "Trial by Jury" : "The Sorcerer". H.M.S. Pinafore; or The Lass that Loved a Sailor" : "The Pirates of Penzance; or The Slave of Duty." "Patience; or Bunthrone's Bride" : "Iolanthe; or the Peer and the Peri" : "Princess Ida; or Castle Adamant" : "The Mikado; or The Town of Titipu" : "Ruddigore; or The Witch's Curse" : and "The Yeomen of the Guard; or The Merryman and his Maid." Arrangement for Pianoforte by J. H. Wadsworth. Piano-vocal score‎

‎Philadelphia: John Church PN Gon. 223 1930. Folio. Original publisher's brown cloth-backed decorative wrappers. 1 title 2 blank 3 dramatis personae 4 contents 5-225 iii blank pp. Occasional performance annotations in pencil. Wrappers somewhat worn and soiled; head and tail of spine slightly defective; previous owner's name and annotations to upper. Some minor internal wear; inner margin of title tight to wrapper. The Gondoliers was "the last great Gilbert and Sullivan success". Arthur Jacobs in Grove Music Online. John Church [PN Gon. 223] unknown‎

Bookseller reference : 27919

Biblio.com

€33.00 Buy

‎The Gondoliers; or The King of Barataria. By W. S. Gilbert and Arthur Sullivan. Piano-vocal score‎

‎London: Chappell PN 18844 1956. Quarto. Original publisher's decorative yellow wrappers. 1f. recto title verso copyright 1f. recto cast list verso contents 225 iii blank pp. Wrappers slightly worn. Chappell [PN 18844] unknown‎

Bookseller reference : 27923

Biblio.com

€33.00 Buy

‎The Martyr of Antioch Sacred Musical Drama The Words selected and arranged from Milman's Poem. The accompaniment Arranged for the Pianoforte from the Full Score by Eugène d'Albert‎

‎London: Chappell PN 16997 1880. Quarto. Original publisher's textured brown cloth boards stamped in black titling gilt to upper. i title ii blank iii dedication iv blank v index vi blank vii-x 215 i blank pp. Small composer's facsimile signature handstamp to title. Binding slightly worn rubbed bumped and shaken; previous owner's signature "WSA Griffith" to front free endpaper. Some internal wear; annotations to title. First Edition. Composed for and first performed at the Leeds Triennial Musical Festival October 15 1880. "A mark of esteem was Sullivan's appointment as conductor of the Leeds Triennial Musical Festival from 1880: he launched there his new oratorio 'sacred music drama' The Martyr of Antioch in that year." Arthur Jacobs in Grove Music Online. Chappell [PN 16997] unknown‎

Bookseller reference : 27918

Biblio.com

€111.69 Buy

‎The Mikado; or The Town of Titipu. Arrangement for Pianoforte by George Lowell Tracy of Boston U.S.A. of the Above Named Opera by W. S. Gilbert and Arthur Sullivan. Joint Authors of "Thespis; or The Gods Grown Old:" - "Trial by Jury:" - "The Sorcerer:" - "H.M.S. Pinafore; or The Lass that Loved a Sailor:" "The Pirates of Penzance; or The Slave of Duty;" - "Patience; or Bunthorne's Bride;" - "Iolanthe; or The Peer and the Peri;" and "Princess Ida; or Castle Adamant‎

‎New York: Wm. A. Pond PN 13809 1890. Quarto. Original publisher's decorative wrappers. 1 title 2 cast list 3 contents 4-172 pp. Wrappers worn; upper detached with minor chips and tears to edges; lower partially detached; spine worn and lacking at head and tail. Revised version. Wm. A. Pond [PN 13809] unknown‎

Bookseller reference : 28033

Biblio.com

€37.23 Buy

‎The Mikado; or The Town of Titipu. Arrangement for Pianoforte by George Lowell Tracy of Boston U.S.A. of the Above Named Opera by W. S. Gilbert. and Arthur Sullivan. Joint Authors of "Thespis; or The Gods Grown Old" : "Trial by Jury" : "The Sorcerer" : "H.M.S. Pinafore ; or The Lass that Loved a Sailor" : The Pirates of Penzance ; or The Slave of Duty" : "Patience ; or Bunthorne's Bride" : "Iolanthe ; or The Peer and the Peri" : and "Princess Ida ; or Castle Adamant." Piano-vocal score‎

‎New York: Wm. A. Pond PN 2898 1890. Quarto. 1f. recto title verso cast list 3 contents 4-152 pp. Wrappers lacking. Worn; occasional minor edge tears. A re-issue. Wm. A. Pond [PN 2898] unknown‎

Bookseller reference : 28032

Biblio.com

€14.38 Buy

‎Sullivan Arthur Sir 1842 1900‎

‎The Mikado Or the Town of Titipu Music / by Sir W. S. Gilbert ; Illustrated by W. Russell Flint and Charles E. Brock‎

‎Godrey Cave Associates/Macmillan. 1979 Godrey Cave Associates/Macmillan facsimile edition hardback; very good clean condition with very good unclipped dj; UK bookdealer immediate dispatch . Very Good. Hardcover. 1979. Godrey Cave Associates/Macmillan hardcover‎

Bookseller reference : 125at16 ISBN : 0906223059 9780906223055

Biblio.com

Books of Garten
United Kingdom Reino Unido Reino Unido Royaume-Uni
[Books from Books of Garten]

€3.71 Buy

‎The Mikado Or the Town of Titipu Music / by Sir W. S. Gilbert ; Illustrated by W. Russell Flint and Charles E. Brock‎

‎MacMillan And Co. Limited 1979. Facsimile ed. Fine cloth copy in an equally fine gilt-blocked dw. Particularly and surprisingly well-preserved; tight bright clean and especially sharp-cornered. ; 96 pages; Reprint of the 1928 ed. Description: 96 p. : ill. some col. ; 25 cm. Subjects: Operas - Librettos. Gilbert W. S. William Schwenck 1836-1911. MacMillan And Co. Limited hardcover‎

Bookseller reference : 68102 ISBN : 0906223059 9780906223055

Biblio.com

MW Books Ltd.
Ireland Irlanda Irlanda Irlande
[Books from MW Books Ltd.]

€8.07 Buy

‎The Pirates of Penzance or The Slave of Duty Book by W. S. Gilbert. Authentic Version Edited by Bryceson Treharne This score contains all the dialogue. Piano-vocal score‎

‎New York/London: G. Schirmer PN 38710 1990. Large octavo. Original publisher's illustrated wrappers. 1f. title 2ff. cast list argument musical numbers 213 i blank pp. Small handstamp with new price to upper wrapper; titling to spine in ink. G. Schirmer [PN 38710] unknown‎

Bookseller reference : 27969

Biblio.com

€14.38 Buy

‎The Pirates of Penzance or The Slave of Duty. An Entirely Original Comic Opera in Two Acts. Written by W. S. Gilbert. Piano-vocal score‎

‎New York: Hitchcock 1890. Quarto. Original publisher's printed wrappers. 1f. recto title verso cast list and contents 3-141 iii blank pp. Wrappers worn and chipped; minor loss to tail of spine. Slightly browned and chipped. Hitchcock unknown‎

Bookseller reference : 27921

Biblio.com

€18.61 Buy

‎The Yeoman of the Guard Or the Merryman and His Maid / by Sir W. S. Gilbert‎

‎MacMillan & Co. Limited London 1929. 1929 Edition. Near fine copy in the original gilt-blocked cloth. Slightest suggestion only of dust-dulling with some wear to corners and spine ends plus front side. Remains particularly well-preserved overall; tight bright clean and strong. ; 102 pages; With eight illustrations in colour by W. Russell Flint and drawings in pen and ink by Charles E. Brook R. I. Subjects: Operas--Librettos. MacMillan & Co. , Limited, London hardcover‎

Bookseller reference : 54002

Biblio.com

MW Books Ltd.
Ireland Irlanda Irlanda Irlande
[Books from MW Books Ltd.]

€11.12 Buy

‎The Yeomen of the Guard; or The Merryman and His Maid By W. S. Gilbert and Arthur Sullivan. Piano-vocal score‎

‎London: Chappell PN 18577 1911. Large octavo. Original publisher's light gray wrappers printed in dark blue. i title ii blank iii dramatis personae iv contents 184 ii blank pp. Wrappers somewhat worn minor damage to upper. Slightly worn. Chappell [PN 18577] unknown‎

Bookseller reference : 27901

Biblio.com

€33.00 Buy

‎Trial by Jury A Dramatic Cantata The Book by W. S. Gilbert. Piano-vocal score‎

‎Boston: Oliver Ditson 1890. Octavo. Original publisher's decorative wrappers. 1f. title 1f. cast list 78 pp. Occasional performance annotations in pencil and red crayon. Wrapper somewhat worn and chipped; spine defective. Title detached and slightly stained and chipped; former owner's signature to two leaves in ink; small mark from paper clip to two leaves. Oliver Ditson unknown‎

Bookseller reference : 27965

Biblio.com

€9.31 Buy

‎Trial by Jury Book by W. S. Gilbert. Authentic Version Edited by Bryceson Treharne This score contains all the dialogue. In several places the Editor has suggested alternative choral parts for high-school or other amateur groups. Piano-vocal score‎

‎New York: G. Schirmer PN 39209 1941. Octavo. Original publisher's illustrated wrappers. 1f. title 1f. recto cast list verso argument 1f. recto musical numbers verso blank 89 i blank pp. Wrappers slightly worn; small cataloguing label to spine and wrappers; small library handstamp to wrappers. Small library handstamp to title and final leaf. G. Schirmer [PN 39209] unknown‎

Bookseller reference : 27966

Biblio.com

€14.38 Buy

‎Utopia Limited or The Flowers of Progress by W. S. Gilbert and Arthur Sullivan. Piano-vocal score‎

‎London: Chappell PN 19540 1970. Quarto. Original publisher's ivory decorative wrappers printed in olive green. i title ii printing information iii dramatis personae iv contents 155 i blank pp. Wrappers slightly worn. Chappell [PN 19540] unknown‎

Bookseller reference : 27902

Biblio.com

€18.61 Buy

‎H.M.S. Pinafore‎

‎New York: Edwin F. Kalmus 1980. Large octavo. Original publisher's green printed wrappers. 1f. recto title verso blank 1f. recto cast list verso synopsis 1f. recto musical numbers verso blank 1f. recto secondary title verso blank 167 i blank pp.<br/><br/>Wrappers slightly worn and creased; small price label to lower. Edwin F. Kalmus unknown books‎

Bookseller reference : 28073

ABAA

€18.61 Buy

‎H.M.S. Pinafore or The Lass That Loved a Sailor An entirely Original Nautical Comic Opera Written by W. S. Gilbert. The Savoy Edition. Piano-vocal score‎

‎London: Metzler & Co. PN 5057 1905. Quarto. Full red cloth with titling gilt to upper and spine. i title i named cast list i contents v 4-105 ii publisher's advertisements pp.<br/><br/>Boards somewhat worn rubbed and slightly discoloured; endpapers dampstained. Metzler & Co. [PN 5057] unknown books‎

Bookseller reference : 28069

ABAA

€42.31 Buy

‎Haddon Hall. Written by Sydney Grundy. Arranged from the Full Score by King Hall. Piano-vocal score‎

‎London: Chappell PN 19348 1911. Quarto. Original publisher's printed wrappers. i title ii copyright statement iii characters iv contents 169 4 additional pages between pp. 52-53 iii publisher's advertisements pp.<br/><br/>Wrappers slightly worn. Chappell [PN 19348] unknown books‎

Bookseller reference : 27913

ABAA

€33.00 Buy

‎Iolanthe; or The Peer and the Peri. by W. S. Gilbert and Arthur Sullivan. Piano-vocal score‎

‎London: Chappell & Co. PN 17614 1883. Quarto. Original publisher's wrappers. 1f. title 1f. recto cast list verso contents 176 iv publisher's advertisements pp.<br/><br/>Composer's facsimile signature handstamp to title; occasional annotations in pencil.<br/><br/>Wrappers worn; upper detached and taped; signatures in ink; small address label; prices excised; spine defective. First Edition later issue. Chappell & Co. [PN 17614] unknown books‎

Bookseller reference : 28031

ABAA

€46.54 Buy

‎Ivanhoe A Romantic Opera Adapted from Sir Walter Scott's Novel Words by Julian Sturgis. Arranged for the Pianoforte by Ernest Ford. Piano-vocal score‎

‎London: Chappell & Co. PN 19001 1891. Quarto. Original decorative wrappers with title label to spine. In custom-made black cloth box. 1f. title i printed dedication to Queen Victoria i contents 261 iii publisher's catalogue and advertisements pp. Typeset. Additional advertisements to verso of upper wrapper and both sides of lower. Some leaves in act 3 unopened. <br/><br/>Early owner's signature "Spencer W. Brien 1891" in black ink to head of title.<br/><br/>Wrappers worn and soiled. Occasional foxing especially to title; several leaves creased at upper outer corner. First Edition. Sullivan and Flower p. 280. WorldCat OCLC 4794897. The present copy lacks the composer's handstamped facsimile autograph to title found in some other copies of this edition.<br/><br/>"On 31 January 1891 Sullivan's sole 'grand opera' Ivanhoe with a libretto by Julian Sturgis after Sir Walter Scott's novel was launched by Richard D'Oyly Carte on the extraordinary principle of a continuous nightly run as for operetta with constantly changing casts. Its total of 160 performances though remarkable enough was insufficient to cover Carte's costs and he had to sell the theatre." Arthur Jacobs in Grove Music Online. Chappell & Co. [PN 19,001] unknown books‎

Bookseller reference : 26099

ABAA

€279.21 Buy

‎Patience; or Bunthorne's Bride! Written by W. S. Gilbert Composed by Arthur Sullivan. Authors of "Trial by Jury" "The Sorcerer" "H.M.S. Pinafore" "The Pirates of Penzance" &c. &c. &c. Arranged from the Full Score by Berthold Tours. Piano-vocal score‎

‎London: Chappell 1881. Quarto. Plain light tan wrappers. 1f. recto title verso cast list and contents 3-117 iii publisher's advertisements pp.<br/><br/>Small composer's facsimile signature handstamp to title.<br/><br/>Wrappers slightly worn; partially disbound. Title somewhat worn and with former owner's name in pencil; occasional minor tears to edges not affecting music. Chappell unknown books‎

Bookseller reference : 27924

ABAA

€18.61 Buy

‎Ruddigore Or The Witch's Curse An entirely Original Supernatural Opera Written by W. S. Gilbert. Arrangement for Pianoforte by George Lowell Tracy of Boston U.S.A. The Savoy Edition. Piano-vocal score‎

‎London: Published by Arrangement with Chappell & Co. by The Alston Rivers Company PN 18311 1900. Quarto. Original publisher's red cloth with titling gilt to upper and spine. 1f. recto title verso copyright 1f. recto cast list verso contents v-xii overture 3-129 v publisher's advertisements pp.<br/><br/>Binding somewhat worn rubbed bumped soiled and shaken; hinges splitting. Published by Arrangement with Chappell & Co... by The Alston Rivers Company [PN 18311] unknown books‎

Bookseller reference : 27949

ABAA

€37.23 Buy

‎Ruddigore or The Witch's Curse Book by W. S. Gilbert . Authentic Version Edited by Edmond W. Rickett This score contains all the dialogue. Piano-vocal score‎

‎New York: G. Schirmer PN 42202 1953. Octavo. Original publisher's illustrated wrappers. i title i blank i dramatis personae i story 1 musical numbers 2 blank 3-220 pp.<br/><br/>Titling in ink to spine. G. Schirmer [PN 42202] unknown books‎

Bookseller reference : 27904

ABAA

€18.61 Buy

‎Ruddigore; or The Witch's Curse. By W. S. Gilbert and Arthur Sullivan. Piano-vocal score‎

‎London: Chappell PN 18311 1911. Quarto. Original publisher's light gray decorative wrappers printed in dark blue. i title i blank i dramatis personae i contents 141 i publisher's advertisement pp.<br/><br/>Wrappers somewhat worn; small tears to head and tail of spine. Chappell [PN 18311] unknown books‎

Bookseller reference : 27903

ABAA

€33.00 Buy

‎The Gondoliers; or The King of Barataria. By W. S. Gilbert and Arthur Sullivan. Piano-vocal score‎

‎London: Chappell PN 18844 1956. Quarto. Original publisher's decorative yellow wrappers. 1f. recto title verso copyright 1f. recto cast list verso contents 225 iii blank pp.<br/><br/>Wrappers slightly worn. Chappell [PN 18844] unknown books‎

Bookseller reference : 27923

ABAA

€33.00 Buy

‎The Gondoliers; or The King of Barataria. by W. S. Gilbert and Arthur Sullivan Joint Authors of "Thespis; or The Gods Grown Old" : "Trial by Jury" : "The Sorcerer". H.M.S. Pinafore; or The Lass that Loved a Sailor" : "The Pirates of Penzance; or The Slave of Duty." "Patience; or Bunthrone's Bride" : "Iolanthe; or the Peer and the Peri" : "Princess Ida; or Castle Adamant" : "The Mikado; or The Town of Titipu" : "Ruddigore; or The Witch's Curse" : and "The Yeomen of the Guard; or The Merryman and his Maid." Arrangement for Pianoforte by J. H. Wadsworth. Piano-vocal score‎

‎Philadelphia: John Church PN Gon. 223 1930. Folio. Original publisher's brown cloth-backed decorative wrappers. 1 title 2 blank 3 dramatis personae 4 contents 5-225 iii blank pp.<br/><br/>Occasional performance annotations in pencil.<br/><br/>Wrappers somewhat worn and soiled; head and tail of spine slightly defective; previous owner's name and annotations to upper. Some minor internal wear; inner margin of title tight to wrapper. The Gondoliers was "the last great Gilbert and Sullivan success." Arthur Jacobs in Grove Music Online. John Church [PN Gon. 223] unknown books‎

Bookseller reference : 27919

ABAA

€33.00 Buy

‎The Martyr of Antioch Sacred Musical Drama The Words selected and arranged from Milman's Poem. The accompaniment Arranged for the Pianoforte from the Full Score by Eugène d'Albert‎

‎London: Chappell PN 16997 1880. Quarto. Original publisher's textured brown cloth boards stamped in black titling gilt to upper. i title ii blank iii dedication iv blank v index vi blank vii-x 215 i blank pp.<br/><br/>Small composer's facsimile signature handstamp to title.<br/><br/>Binding slightly worn rubbed bumped and shaken; previous owner's signature "WSA Griffith" to front free endpaper. Some internal wear; annotations to title. First Edition.<br/><br/>Composed for and first performed at the Leeds Triennial Musical Festival October 15 1880.<br/><br/>"A mark of esteem was Sullivan's appointment as conductor of the Leeds Triennial Musical Festival from 1880: he launched there his new oratorio 'sacred music drama' The Martyr of Antioch in that year." Arthur Jacobs in Grove Music Online. Chappell [PN 16997] unknown books‎

Bookseller reference : 27918

ABAA

€111.69 Buy

‎The Mikado; or The Town of Titipu. Arrangement for Pianoforte by George Lowell Tracy of Boston U.S.A. of the Above Named Opera by W. S. Gilbert. and Arthur Sullivan. Joint Authors of "Thespis; or The Gods Grown Old" : "Trial by Jury" : "The Sorcerer" : "H.M.S. Pinafore ; or The Lass that Loved a Sailor" : The Pirates of Penzance ; or The Slave of Duty" : "Patience ; or Bunthorne's Bride" : "Iolanthe ; or The Peer and the Peri" : and "Princess Ida ; or Castle Adamant." Piano-vocal score‎

‎New York: Wm. A. Pond PN 2898 1890. Quarto. 1f. recto title verso cast list 3 contents 4-152 pp.<br/><br/>Wrappers lacking. Worn; occasional minor edge tears. A re-issue. Wm. A. Pond [PN 2898] unknown books‎

Bookseller reference : 28032

ABAA

€14.38 Buy

‎The Mikado; or The Town of Titipu. Arrangement for Pianoforte by George Lowell Tracy of Boston U.S.A. of the Above Named Opera by W. S. Gilbert and Arthur Sullivan. Joint Authors of "Thespis; or The Gods Grown Old:" - "Trial by Jury:" - "The Sorcerer:" - "H.M.S. Pinafore; or The Lass that Loved a Sailor:" "The Pirates of Penzance; or The Slave of Duty;" - "Patience; or Bunthorne's Bride;" - "Iolanthe; or The Peer and the Peri;" and "Princess Ida; or Castle Adamant‎

‎New York: Wm. A. Pond PN 13809 1890. Quarto. Original publisher's decorative wrappers. 1 title 2 cast list 3 contents 4-172 pp.<br/><br/>Wrappers worn; upper detached with minor chips and tears to edges; lower partially detached; spine worn and lacking at head and tail. Revised version. Wm. A. Pond [PN 13809] unknown books‎

Bookseller reference : 28033

ABAA

€37.23 Buy

‎The Pirates of Penzance or The Slave of Duty Book by W. S. Gilbert. Authentic Version Edited by Bryceson Treharne This score contains all the dialogue. Piano-vocal score‎

‎New York/London: G. Schirmer PN 38710 1990. Large octavo. Original publisher's illustrated wrappers. 1f. title 2ff. cast list argument musical numbers 213 i blank pp.<br/><br/>Small handstamp with new price to upper wrapper; titling to spine in ink. G. Schirmer [PN 38710] unknown books‎

Bookseller reference : 27969

ABAA

€14.38 Buy

‎The Pirates of Penzance or The Slave of Duty. An Entirely Original Comic Opera in Two Acts. Written by W. S. Gilbert. Piano-vocal score‎

‎New York: Hitchcock 1890. Quarto. Original publisher's printed wrappers. 1f. recto title verso cast list and contents 3-141 iii blank pp.<br/><br/>Wrappers worn and chipped; minor loss to tail of spine. Slightly browned and chipped. Hitchcock unknown books‎

Bookseller reference : 27921

ABAA

€18.61 Buy

‎The Yeomen of the Guard; or The Merryman and His Maid By W. S. Gilbert and Arthur Sullivan. Piano-vocal score‎

‎London: Chappell PN 18577 1911. Large octavo. Original publisher's light gray wrappers printed in dark blue. i title ii blank iii dramatis personae iv contents 184 ii blank pp.<br/><br/>Wrappers somewhat worn minor damage to upper. Slightly worn. Chappell [PN 18577] unknown books‎

Bookseller reference : 27901

ABAA

€33.00 Buy

‎Trial by Jury A Dramatic Cantata The Book by W. S. Gilbert. Piano-vocal score‎

‎Boston: Oliver Ditson 1890. Octavo. Original publisher's decorative wrappers. 1f. title 1f. cast list 78 pp. <br/><br/>Occasional performance annotations in pencil and red crayon.<br/><br/>Wrappesr somewhat worn and chipped; spine defective. Title detached and slightly stained and chipped; former owner's signature to two leaves in ink; small mark from paper clip to two leaves. Oliver Ditson unknown books‎

Bookseller reference : 27965

ABAA

€9.31 Buy

‎Trial by Jury Book by W. S. Gilbert. Authentic Version Edited by Bryceson Treharne This score contains all the dialogue. In several places the Editor has suggested alternative choral parts for high-school or other amateur groups. Piano-vocal score‎

‎New York: G. Schirmer PN 39209 1941. Octavo. Original publisher's illustrated wrappers. 1f. title 1f. recto cast list verso argument 1f. recto musical numbers verso blank 89 i blank pp.<br/><br/>Wrappers slightly worn; small cataloguing label to spine and wrappers; small library handstamp to wrappers. Small library handstamp to title and final leaf. G. Schirmer [PN 39209] unknown books‎

Bookseller reference : 27966

ABAA

€14.38 Buy

‎An Entirely Original Comic Opera in Two Acts Entitled The Gondoliers Or The King of Barataria‎

‎HardPress Publishing 2013-01-28. Paperback. Good. HardPress Publishing paperback‎

Bookseller reference : SONG1313017876 ISBN : 1313017876 9781313017879

Biblio.com

Ergodebooks
[Books from Ergodebooks]

€15.29 Buy

‎Sullivan Arthur Sir 1842 1900 Creator‎

‎Cox and Box‎

‎HardPress Publishing 2013-01-28. Paperback. Good. HardPress Publishing paperback‎

Bookseller reference : SONG1313020265 ISBN : 1313020265 9781313020268

Biblio.com

Ergodebooks
[Books from Ergodebooks]

€15.26 Buy

‎The Mikado; Or The Town of Titipu‎

Bookseller reference : SONG1290982945 ISBN : 1290982945 9781290982948

Biblio.com

Ergodebooks
[Books from Ergodebooks]

€50.56 Buy

‎Sullivan Arthur Sir 1842 1900 Creator‎

‎The Yeomen of the Guard Or The Merryman and His Maid‎

Bookseller reference : SONG1313020257 ISBN : 1313020257 9781313020251

Biblio.com

Ergodebooks
[Books from Ergodebooks]

€15.25 Buy

‎Sullivan Matteo Cornelius‎

‎U.N.P.A. Unione Nazionale Protezione Antiaerea. La prima difesa civile italiana‎

‎ill., br. L'U.N.P.A. Unione Nazionale Protezione Antiaerea, nata nell'agosto del 1934, fu la prima difesa civile italiana, organizzata con lo scopo di fare azioni di prevenzione e salvataggio durante e dopo gli allarmi aerei. Fino al 1940 era composta da volontari addestrati per aiutare i Vigili del Fuoco e i militari del Genio del Regio Esercito nello spegnimento degli incendi e abili alla ricerca di sopravvissuti sepolti sotto il crollo delle abitazioni. Le squadre dell'U.N.P.A. erano dotate di motocarrozzette sulle quali si trovavano pale, picconi, asce, scale, funi ed altro materiale di salvataggio, oltre agli estintori. Con l'entrata in guerra l'U.N.P.A. fu militarizzata e con l'incedere del conflitto e l'aumento dei bombardamenti aerei sulle città italiane, diventò fondamentale nella macchina dei soccorsi. Frutto di un'interminabile ricerca questa è la prima pubblicazione completa su un'organizzazione che ebbe una parte importante durante la Seconda guerra mondiale, ma che è stata poi sostanzialmente dimenticata dalla storia. L'U.N.P.A. fu sciolta da Re Umberto II nel marzo del 1946.‎

‎Sulzer, Johann Georg‎

‎Allgemeine Theorie der schönen Künste in einzelnen, nach alphabetischer Ordnung der Kunstwörter aufeinanderfolgenden Artikeln abgehandelt. Mit einer Einleitung von Giorgio Tonelli. 5 Bände cplt. in 5 Bänden. Mit Abbildungen und Notenbeispielen.‎

‎Hildesheim: Georg Olms Verlagsbuchhandlung 1967-1970. XIX Seiten, XXIV Seiten, 755 Seiten; 2 Blätter, 707 Seiten; 6 Blätter, 760 Seiten; 2 Blätter, 814 Seiten; 3 Blätter, 198 Seiten (Registerband). Senfgelbe original Leinenbände mit Kopffarbschnitt (gering berieben und bestoßen, sonst tadellose Exemplare). 8°.‎

‎Vollständiger Nachdruck dieser monumentalen ersten Enzyklopädie der Kunst und Ästhetik in der 2., vermehrten Auflage Leipzig, Weidmann, 1792.‎

Bookseller reference : 34242-ya1

‎Supper, Auguste‎

‎Der Mönch von Hirsau.‎

‎Stuttgart, Greiner & Pfeiffer, 1898. 2 Blatt, 239 Seiten. Sehr dekorativer illustrierter Orig.-Leineneinband. Privater Besitzeintrag auf Vorsatz.‎

‎*Erste Ausgabe der ersten Veröffentlichung. Wilpert/G. II, 1. Schönes Exemplar, dekorative Vorsätze und tadellose Gesamterhaltung.‎

Bookseller reference : 701208

‎Suquet, Jean‎

‎miroirdela mariée‎

‎Editions Flammarion, essai, textes/flammarion, Paris, 1974. In-12, broché, 267 pp. La chose en question... - I. En costume d'émancipation. - II. L'idée fixe ascensionnelle. - III. En montant toujours. - IV. L'apprenti dans le soleil. - V. L'éblouissement de l'éclaboussure. - VI. Le Soigneur de Gravité - Parenthèse A : ...‎

‎Avec une planche du Grand Verre en frontispice. --- Plus d'informations sur le site archivesdunord.com‎

Bookseller reference : 8180

‎Surlapierre, Nicolas et al.‎

‎Brouillon KubLes artistes cubistes et la caricature1911-1918‎

‎LaM - Lille métropole musée d'Art moderne, d'art contemporain et d'art brut, Villeneuve d'Ascq, 2014. In-4, broché sous couverture rempliée et illustrée en couleurs, 64 pp. L'offensive cubiste : les artistes cubistes et la caricature 1911-1918, par Jeanne-Bathilde Lacourt : Le Bazar du rire. - Kubist-Kultur. - Ka-Boches. - Le chœur des horreurs - Le kru et le kuit, par Nicolas Surlapierre : Boire le bouillon. ...‎

‎Nombreuses illustrations et planches en noir et en couleurs. --- Plus d'informations sur le site archivesdunord.com‎

Bookseller reference : 7563

‎Surlapierre, Nicolas‎

‎Cor Dekkinga et le mouvement Cobra‎

‎LaM/éditions Spiralinthe, 2011. In-8, broché sous couverture illustrée et illustrée, 138 pp. "D'abord et ensuite", par Nicolas Surlapierre - Le 20, rue Santeuil - Le mouvement CoBrA - Lotti. - Corneille. - Dora Tuynman. - Karel Appel. - Mark Brusse. - Anton Martineau. - Theo Wolvecamp. - Carl-Henning Pedersen - Cor Dekkinga ...‎

‎Nombreuses illustrations et planches en noir et blanc. --- Plus d'informations sur le site archivesdunord.com‎

Bookseller reference : 6812

‎SURTEES R.S.‎

‎HANDLEY CROSS OR MR. JORROCKS'S HUNT.‎

‎Edward Arnold, London, s.d. (1911 ?). In-8 gr., 2 volumi, tela edit. con decoraz. oro al piatto, tit. oro al dorso, taglio sup. dorato, pp. (2),X,363; X,372; molto ben illustr. da Cecil Aldin che ha realizzato i 97 piacevolisssimi disegni nel t. e le 24 tavv. a colori (protette da veline con didascalia), f.t. <br>Robert Smith Surtees (1803-1864), scrittore satirico del mondo che ruota intorno alla caccia alla volpe, il creatore di Mr. Jorrocks, uno dei grandi caratteri comici della letteratura inglese. <br>Cfr. Benezit,I, p. 173: "Cecil Aldin (1870-1935), dessinateur et illustrateur, a souvent trait des sujets de sport et de scnes de la vie quotidienne anglaise. On dcle dans sa manire, l'influence de John Leech et surtout celle du clbre illustrateur Randolph Caldecott.".<br>Bella ediz. in tirat. limit. di 250 esempl. numer. e firmati dall'artista. Il ns., 171, con barbe, molto ben conservato.‎

Bookseller reference : 50709

Livre Rare Book

Libreria Malavasi
Milano Italy Italia Itália Italie
[Books from Libreria Malavasi]

€350.00 Buy

‎Surlapierre, Nicolas et al.‎

‎La Grèce des ModernesL'impression d'un voyage, les artistes, les écrivains et la Grèce (1933-1968)‎

‎Musée d'Art moderne Lille Métropole, Villeneuve d'Ascq/Gourcuff Gradenigo, Paris, 2006. In-4, broché sous couverture rempliée et illustrée, 189 pp. Avant-propos, Pierre Mauroy, Martine Aubry - Feuille à feuille, Sophie Raux, Dominique Tonneau-Ryckelynck - Du sens de l'observation, Joëlle Pijaudier-Cabot - Héliogravures, Nicolas Surlapierre - La Grèce d'instinc, Corinne Barbant - Fred Boissonnas, photographe voyageur et la Grèce (1903-1928), Isabelle ...‎

‎Nombreuses illustrations et planches en noir et en couleurs. --- Plus d'informations sur le site archivesdunord.com‎

Bookseller reference : 6975

‎Surabhi Stea Liliana Isabella‎

‎Perdonate, signore, questa è la mia patria! (Perché siamo come siamo)‎

‎br. "Quando ho scritto questo libro gli amici, incuriositi, mi chiedevano di cosa trattasse e mi è sempre riuscito difficile rispondere brevemente, perché non è un lavoro 'lineare'; procede a zig-zag tra Storia negata, violenza taciuta ed esplorazione psicologica, intrapresa per comprendere le ragioni che portano i singoli individui, riuniti in popoli e nazioni, a compiere le loro azioni. Non è quindi un libro di Storia, anche se la storia c'è, né un testo sulla violenza, anche se la violenza c'è, né di pedagogia, e anche quella c'è. È piuttosto una ricerca delle ragioni psicologiche ed educative per cui un singolo o un popolo diventa violento o non lo diventa, così che la sua storia evolve in un modo piuttosto che un altro. Trattandosi di un lavoro ispirato dalle vicende che videro il Regno Borbonico scomparire dalla cartina geopolitica per diventare un generico Sud Italia diviso in regioni, noterete che sono emotivamente 'di parte', essendo quel regno la mia ritrovata Patria originaria, ma questo non mi ha impedito di riportare i fatti in modo obiettivo, così come li ho trovati, anzi... come il mio paziente me li ha raccontati". "Stea fa una psicanalisi dell'Unità d'Italia, con visioni e strumenti mai adoperati. Questo induce a dover guardare le cose senza veli, con durezza, a non potersi salvare nel compromesso della ragion di Stato, o storica... Il risultato fu la nascita di una colonia e di una popolazione che ha sentimenti, opinioni (specie di sé) e un agire in tono minore, e a quella minorità vengono abbassati i diritti, l'attenzione del Paese, persino la stima (e l'autostima, ovvio), il rispetto, in una sorta di cittadinanza amputata." (Dalla prefazione di Pino Aprile)‎

‎Surace V. (cur.)‎

‎Anacronie. L'inattualità del contemporaneo‎

‎br. I saggi raccolti nel volume indagano il concetto di "contemporaneo", mettendone in questione il significato storiografico tradizionale. Investigando la temporalità della rammemorazione (Bloch e Benjamin), della comprensione e dell'arte (Gadamer), dell'inconscio (Freud e Lacan), della relazione etica (Levinas) e dell'interpretazione post-storica (Calasso), essi lasciano emergere come il contemporaneo non sia una nozione cronologica di tempo, corrispondente al presente o all'attuale, ma indichi una rottura del continuum temporale. Si tratta di un'intempestività, che diviene il luogo di un incontro evenemenziale tra una pluralità di tempi, tra un passato riattualizzato e l'avvenire. Il contemporaneo non nomina perciò una sincronia, bensì un'anacronia, che irrompe nella diacronia del tempo, impedendo al presente di coincidere con se stesso.‎

MareMagnum

Mimesis Edizioni
Agrate Brianza, IT
[Books from Mimesis Edizioni]

€11.40 Buy

Number of results : 29,311 (587 Page(s))

First page Previous page 1 ... 532 533 534 [535] 536 537 538 ... 544 550 556 562 568 574 580 586 ... 587 Next page Last page