Professional bookseller's independent website

‎Roosevelt franklin delano‎

Main

Parent topics

‎History‎
Number of results : 14,934 (299 Page(s))

First page Previous page 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 63 102 141 180 219 258 297 ... 299 Next page Last page

‎Eleanor Roosevelt‎

‎You Learn by Living: Eleven Keys for a More Fulfilling Life‎

‎2016-02-02. Good. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. May not contain Access Codes or Supplements. May be re-issue. May be ex-library. Shipping & Handling by region. Buy with confidence excellent customer service! unknown‎

Bookseller reference : 0062564722 ISBN : 0062564722 9780062564726

Biblio.com

Books Express
United States Estados Unidos Estados Unidos États-Unis
[Books from Books Express]

€71.07 Buy

‎Eleanor Roosevelt‎

‎You learn by living‎

‎Dolphin book. 1963. Trade paperback. Very good. No previous owner's name . Dolphin book paperback‎

Bookseller reference : Alibris.0026943

Biblio.com

2Vbooks
[Books from 2Vbooks]

€7.49 Buy

‎Eleanor Roosevelt‎

‎Westminster John Knox Press 2009-03-01. Paperback. Used:Good. Westminster John Knox Press paperback‎

Bookseller reference : DADAX0664244947 ISBN : 0664244947 9780664244941

Biblio.com

Ergodebooks
[Books from Ergodebooks]

€25.85 Buy

‎Eleanor Roosevelt‎

‎Harper Perennial 2011-04-26. 50 Anv. Paperback. Used:Good. Harper Perennial paperback‎

Bookseller reference : DADAX0062061577 ISBN : 0062061577 9780062061577

Biblio.com

Ergodebooks
[Books from Ergodebooks]

€13.83 Buy

‎Eleanor Roosevelt‎

‎Harper Perennial 2011-04-26. Paperback. Good. Harper Perennial paperback‎

Bookseller reference : SONG0062061577 ISBN : 0062061577 9780062061577

Biblio.com

Ergodebooks
[Books from Ergodebooks]

€13.15 Buy

‎Eleanor Roosevelt‎

‎Westminster John Knox Press 2009-03-01. Paperback. Good. Westminster John Knox Press paperback‎

Bookseller reference : SONG0664244947 ISBN : 0664244947 9780664244941

Biblio.com

Ergodebooks
[Books from Ergodebooks]

€8.00 Buy

‎Eleanor Roosevelt Helen Ferris‎

‎Your Teens And Mine‎

‎Literary Licensing LLC 2011-10-15. Paperback. Good. Literary Licensing, LLC paperback‎

Bookseller reference : SONG1258161885 ISBN : 1258161885 9781258161880

Biblio.com

Ergodebooks
[Books from Ergodebooks]

€30.27 Buy

‎ELEANOR ROOSEVELT‎

‎�perhaps the best place to begin is with the Jews and colored people�: Eleanor Roosevelt responds to an idea for promoting better relations between Jews and Gentiles‎

‎1941. No binding. Fine. Typed Letter Signed to Prudence B. Anderson February 15 1941. On White House stationery with original envelope and 3 page retained carbon copy of Anderson's letter to which this responds. 1 p. ""There is no doubt that there is a need for improving the understanding and co-operation between the various races which make up the U.S.A. and perhaps the best place to begin is with the Jews and colored people"" Prudence B. Anderson wrote to the First Lady proposing boards of conciliation to help resolve local disputes between Jews and Gentiles. Although Anderson admits that ""Morals and friendship - and understanding - can never be legislated"" she believes that such boards could be places where ""grievances could be aired and rectified.instead of smoldering into race hatred and dissention between American citizens."" She specifically asked whether she thought Secretary of Commerce Jesse H. Jones 1874-1956 could be persuaded to fund such boards consisting of ""representative members of all races comprising such community.""Eleanor Roosevelt was a staunch advocate for equal rights whether women's rights international human rights or civil rights for African Americans. As First Lady Roosevelt toured the nation witnessing the effects of the Great Depression on rural areas. In one area she pressured the Subsistence Homestead Administration to allow African Americans into Arthurdale a planned community designed to create economic self-sufficiency. Her efforts failed highlighting the depths of institutional racism in the United States. Roosevelt lobbied for civil rights inside her husband's administration and to the general public via radio and print media. She fought against lynching and segregation even resigning her membership in the Daughters of the American Revolution when they barred black opera singer Marian Andersen from performing in Constitution Hall. Instead Roosevelt arranged for Andersen to sing on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial. Despite her efforts segregation was the norm in many early New Deal programs as well as the armed services during the war. American anti-Semitism surged during the Great Depression and lead up to World War II.Eleanor Roosevelt was prescient in pushing for better understanding and working relationships between the Jewish and African American communities. Though it took time leaders of both groups joined in an effective movement for racial equality. The ""golden age of cooperation"" culminated in the passage of the 1964 Civil Rights Act and the 1965 Voting Rights Act.Martin Luther King Jr. said in 1965 ""How can there be anti-Semitism among Negroes when our Jewish friends have demonstrated their commitment to the principle of tolerance and brotherhood not only in the form of sizable contributions but in many other tangible ways and often at great personal sacrifice.It would be impossible to record the contribution that the Jewish people have made toward the Negro's struggle for freedom-it has been so great."" As many Jews transitioned to middle-class and upper-middle-class status the Black Power movement grew and anti-Semitism among African Americans grew more pronounced the Jewish and African American coalition unraveled.Complete TranscriptTHE WHITE HOUSE / WASHINGTON February 15 1941My dear Miss Anderson: I doubt very much if you could interest Mr. Jones in your suggestion but there is no harm in trying particularly as I know of no one at present who is anxious to contribute to any new ideas. There is no doubt that there is a need for improving the understanding and co-operation between the various races which make up the U.S.A. and perhaps the best place to begin is with the Jews and colored people; but it seems difficult to do in the way you suggest unless it could be done on a voluntary basis. Very sincerely yours Eleanor RooseveltEleanor Roosevelt 1884-1962 was born in New York City. She was tutored privately and attended an Engli. See website for full description unknown‎

Bookseller reference : 25077

Biblio.com

Seth Kaller, Inc.
[Books from Seth Kaller, Inc.]

€4,061.28 Buy

‎ELEANOR ROOSEVELT‎

‎An Eleanor Roosevelt Signed White House Card‎

‎ELEANOR ROOSEVELT 1884-1962. Eleanor the wife of Franklin Roosevelt was the longest serving First Lady. Signed White House Card. 3 ½†x 2 ¾â€. No date. The White House. A White House card signed “Eleanor Roosevelt†in blue ink. It is in good condition with trimming to the margins and the corners and two pieces of tape. The autograph is large and dark. unknown books‎

Bookseller reference : 4042

ABAA

Stuart Lutz Historic Documents, Inc.
[Books from Stuart Lutz Historic Documents, Inc.]

€148.07 Buy

‎ELEANOR ROOSEVELT‎

‎Eleanor Roosevelt Defends Universal Military Training – and 18 year-old Voting Rights‎

‎<p>"<i>I suppose you can say that anything which is obligatory is in some degree similar to communism or fascism. The only difference here is that we the people are consulted and it is our representatives through whom we speak… I think you are a trifle emotional when you call 18 year old men children. I think they should be allowed to vote…. Of course there are inequalities and injustices in any big undertaking.</i>"</p><p>"<i>I am sorry if you feel that you can not trust your government…. You can not expect always to have one man who will carry the burdens of the whole democracy and express their thinking for them. Now we have to do it for ourselves.</i>"</p><p>"<i>We are not alone in Korea many nations are represented … but we have to bear the brunt … because we were spared during the last war from war in our own country and therefore today we are the strongest nation in the world.</i>"</p><p>"<i>A mothers' rebellion would certainly be a novel and interesting undertaking because there would be a division even among the mothers. I do not know nor could I tell you exactly how you could find out how many men in Congress have eighteen year old sons but I am sure there are a great many who have.</i>"</p><p>A rich and fascinating letter by one of the twentieth century's most powerful first ladies.</p> <b>ELEANOR ROOSEVELT.</b>Typed Letter Signed to Flora E. Shirah February 27 1951. 2 pp. 7¼ x 10¼ in.<p><b>Complete Transcript</b></p><p><i>Val-Kill Cottage / Hyde Park Dutchess County / New York</i></p><p><i> February 27 1951</i></p><p><i>Dear Mrs. Shirah:</i></p><p><i>The Universal Military Training Bill which is now being considered will mean that eighteen year olds will enter Universal Military Training because most boys will be finishing their high school and there will be less upset if they do their military service then whether they are going to work or whether they are going to college.</i></p><p><i>If they are college material they will probably be sent for college training since great care will be taken not to deplete our essential leadership either for skilled people in medicine engineering etc.</i></p><p><i>I do not attribute the motives that you do to our representatives. We have delayed in accepting Universal Military Training until we accepted the fact that we were going to have for a number of years a situation in which we would have to be constantly prepared unless the USSR was to feel free to attack us. Since that is the case we must now have Universal Military Training.</i></p><p><i>I suppose you can say that anything which is obligatory is in some degree similar to communism or fascism. The only difference here is that we the people are consulted and it is our representatives through whom we speak when we accept a measure of this kind because we decide that it is necessary.</i></p><p><i>I think you are a trifle emotional when you call 18 year old men children. I think they should be allowed to vote. I think you are wrong in saying that in the last war men received one to two years of training. Some men may have stayed in training camps that long for various reasons but not because it was essential to give them that amount of training.</i></p><p><i>Of course there are inequalities and injustices in any big undertaking.</i><2></p><p><i>I am sorry if you feel that you can not trust your government. I feel that we have some very fine men as our representatives and I feel that they react to what citizens want. You can not expect always to have one man who will carry the burdens of the whole democracy and express their thinking for them. Now we have to do it for ourselves.</i></p><p><i>We are not alone in Korea many nations are represented on that frontier and their support is valuable but we have to bear the brunt as we will have to bear the brunt in many other undertakings because we were spared during the last war from war in our own country and therefore today we are the strongest nation in the world.</i></p><p><i>A mothers' rebellion would certainly be a novel and interesting undertaking because there would be a division even among the mothers. I do not know nor could I tell you exactly how you could find out how many men in Congress have eighteen year old sons but I am sure there are a great many who have. I am getting into the group where my grandsons are getting ready for service.</i></p><p><i>Incidentally any boy who is in school will be permitted to finish the school year.</i></p><p><i>There is no biography and probably can not be for many years of my husband. There is so much material that the historians will have to work over it for a long while.</i>"</p><p><i>I understand your emotional reaction but I hope you will think this question over carefully and realize that you have in the man power office a very careful adviser Mrs. Anna Rosenberg who will look after the interests of our young people. Her only son served in Europe during the last war.</i></p><p><i> Very sincerely yours</i></p><p><i> Eleanor Roosevelt</i></p><p><b>Historical Background</b></p><p>In his final State of the Union Address in January 1945 President Franklin D. Roosevelt briefly mentioned his intention to support the creation of a universal military training program after World War II ended. In October 1945 President Harry Truman recommended a specific Universal Military Training UMT plan to a joint session of Congress which held hearings but largely chose to ignore the President's request because of funding concerns. Opponents insisted that the atomic age had rendered large armies obsolete.</p><p>Truman asked for UMT in successive years but largely ignored his request. However the outbreak of the Korean War in 1950 brought the issue to the fore again. Secretary of Defense Louis Johnson forwarded his agency's program to Congress with the note that "recent events in Korea have only served to emphasize the fact that universal training is an essential element of an integrated and balanced system of national security." The President continued to support UMT but other issues directly related to the war were more pressing.</p><p>The issue resurfaced when the Senate Armed Services Committee held more extensive hearings on the proposed Universal Military Training and Service Act of 1951. George C. Marshall who had come out of retirement to succeed Johnson as Secretary of Defense testified that "in every national emergency…our military efforts have been hampered our very national existence has been imperiled by the lack of trained reserves."</p><p>On February 10 1951 Mrs. Flora E. Shirah wrote to Eleanor Roosevelt regarding the state of the nation. Although Shirah had no children subject to UMT she found the bill "little short of criminal." "I say it smacks of Communism to draft 'children'" she continues. "Congress will make a serious mistake if they pass such a bill and our country has already made too many." She assures Roosevelt that "I am not just ranting about this subject." She had two sons from her first marriage the older of whom "expects to be called back anytime now in the Air Force." The younger Charles Gerald Royce 1932-2000 turned 19 on January 14 1951 and had enlisted in the Air Force after graduation. Shirah goes on "they are my only children but I still insist if my son were still in high school and only eighteen and a law was passed to draft him I should heartily dispise the men who would pass that sort of legislation." She tells Eleanor that if FDR were still alive "there would not be the unrest distrust and lack of faith in our Government." She and her neighbors do not believe there is "a firm sure hand at the wheel of our Government" and "We believe that some day the mothers of this country will rebel and form their own union in defense of what they consider the right and fair thing to do." She closes by telling Eleanor that she is reading the book her son Elliott Roosevelt wrote and asks Eleanor to suggest a good biography of her husband "for whom I always had a great admiration."</p><p>Shirah also wrote to Senators Robert A. Taft of Ohio and Brien McMahon of Connecticut and President Harry Truman. She had received a response only from Senator McMahon.</p><p>Roosevelt's patient response to Shirah offered here is a strong defense of Universal Military Training to meet the threat of the U.S.S.R. While sympathetic to a mother's concerns Roosevelt makes clear her support for UMT. Acknowledging that large programs often have "<i>inequalities and injustices</i>" she also defends Congress and American involvement in Korea while offering a primer in citizen responsibility.</p><p>At the end of her letter Roosevelt assures Shirah that America's youth had a strong advocate in Anna Rosenberg 1902-1983 who served as Assistant Secretary of Defense in charge of manpower from November 1950 to January 1953.</p><p>When Dwight D. Eisenhower superseded Harry Truman as president UMT lost its most vocal supporter. Congress retained the option of selective service which led to the very unpopular Vietnam War draft.</p><p><b>Eleanor Roosevelt</b> 1884-1962 was born in New York City was tutored privately and attended an English finishing school. In 1905 she married her distant cousin Franklin D. Roosevelt. They had six children one of whom died in infancy. She actively supported her husband's political ambitions campaigning for him and representing him when he was Governor of New York 1929-1932 and President 1933-1945. After FDR's death Harry S. Truman appointed Eleanor Roosevelt as the first U.S. Representative to the United Nations where she served from 1947 to 1953. She also served as the first chair of the UN Commission on Human Rights. In 1961 John F. Kennedy appointed her as the first chair of the Presidential Commission on the Status of Women.</p><p><b>Flora E. Wyse Royce Shirah</b> 1906-1992 married Wingate Royce 1898-1961 a stone setter in 1928. By 1930 they lived with his mother in Middletown Connecticut. In 1940 she and her two sons lived with her mother in a suburb of Hartford. She divorced Royce and married Zelmar Shirah 1905-1971 an Alabama-born stone setter. They divorced in 1954. From the mid-1950s to the mid-1960s she worked as a bookkeeper for Pratt & Whitney manufacturers of aircraft engines.</p> books‎

Bookseller reference : 24793

ABAA

Seth Kaller, Inc.

€2,115.25 Buy

‎ELEANOR ROOSEVELT‎

‎Eleanor Roosevelt on the Meaning of Civil Rights‎

‎<p><i>"Something has to happen to people's souls before they are going to give the rights of citizenship to all the people of our country regardless of color or creed. That does not mean you have to ask them to dinner. It only means giving them the rights that go with citizenship." </i></p> <b>ELEANOR ROOSEVELT.</b>Typed Letter Signed to "Harry" Washington D.C. February 19 1944. 2 pp. 6¼ x 9¼ in. On White House stationery.<p><b>Complete Transcript</b></p><p><i> February 19 1944</i></p><p><i>Dear Harry</i></p><p><i>I have never been as you know opposed to a year of universal service for all young people boys and girls nor do I object to a certain amount of military training in that year. I do not want it to be only military training because I consider that wasteful. </i></p><p><i>I quite agree with you that a year of this type of contact would be good for your young people but it would not solve the colored question because you would find them setting up separate projects just as they are doing in the Army today for colored and white. </i></p><p><i>Something has to happen to people's souls before they are going to give the rights of citizenship to all the people of our country regardless of color or creed. That does not mean you have to ask them to dinner. It only means giving them the rights that go with citizenship. </i></p><p><i>The right to an equal opportunity for an education. </i></p><p><i>The right to equal justice before the law. </i></p><p><i>The right to obtain a job according to their ability to hold it.</i></p><p><i>The right to participate in the government through the ballot.</i></p><p><i>To change the subject—I have a plea from Margot Haas to help them think up ways of collecting money. I think Mrs. David Levy will help them and Mr. Baruch told Trude yesterday that he was waiting for you to see him again so I am sure he will give something if you will go to see him again. I would try to get $5000. Evidently they have not been able to pay salaries and I imagine none of them have so much laid aside that this can go on long.</i></p><p><i> Affectionately</i></p><p> signed <i>Eleanor Roosevelt </i></p><p>handwritten: <i>Mrs. Levy practically agreed she would give them a monthly subscription as I do.</i></p><p><b>Historical Background </b></p><p>Eleanor Roosevelt was a staunch advocate for equal rights whether women's rights international human rights or civil rights for African Americans. She began her social activism in the early twentieth century by working at the College Settlement in Manhattan's Lower East Side. There Roosevelt taught physical education to the children of immigrants. It exposed her and her future husband to the plight of impoverished industrial workers and helped open FDR to the possibilities of helping alleviate poverty and social problems.</p><p>After FDR became President Eleanor toured the nation witnessing the effects of the Great Depression on rural areas especially in African American communities. She then pressured the Subsistence Homestead Administration to allow African Americans into Arthurdale a planned community designed to create economic self-sufficiency. Her efforts failed but it highlighted the depths of institutional racism in the United States. Roosevelt lobbied for civil rights inside her husband's administration and to the general public via radio and print media. She fought against lynching and segregation even resigning her membership in the Daughters of the American Revolution when they barred black opera singer Marian Andersen from performing in Constitution Hall. Instead Roosevelt arranged for Andersen to sing on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial and urged media outlets to promote the concert on television and radio.</p><p>Here she is addressing the lynchpin of civil rights: equal protection of the laws and equal opportunity in education and the marketplace. These things she believes are the responsibility of government while changing peoples' minds would take a more significant effort. Her tone suggests some familiarity with <i>"Harry"</i> as she addresses him by first name and signs <i>"Affectionately"</i> instead of her usual more formal letters to "Mr." or "Miss" and more serious closings such as "Very Sincerely Yours."</p><p>Despite her efforts segregation was the norm in many early New Deal programs as well as the armed services during the war. Here Roosevelt feared the same thing occurring in a proposed postwar national service initiative. "As World War II was coming to an end the House.established the Select Committee on Post-War Military Policy" according the National Archives and Records Administration."The select committee was directed to study postwar military requirements." In typical fashion Roosevelt recommended that the universal service include more than just military training.</p><p><b>Adele Rosenwald Levy </b>1892-1960 was the daughter of wealthy Chicago businessman and philanthropist Julius Rosenwald. She married David Levy her second husband in 1927. When the couple moved to New York City she began her own philanthropic work. Over the course of her life she served for many charitable and artistic foundations: the Citizens Committee on Children of New York City Play Schools Association Stadium Concerts Inc. and she sat on the board of trustees of Brandeis University and on the executive committees of the Museum of Modern Art New York State Youth Commission New York City Youth Board and the Wiltwyck School for Boys where she also served as first vice president. Levy collected many awards for her service. During World War II Levy became the first chair of the National Women's Division of the United Jewish Appeal and served as vice chair of the Committee of Displaced Persons. In the immediate aftermath of the war Levy was an instrumental fundraiser in helping settle Holocaust survivors.</p><p><b>Margot Haas</b> was a civil rights activist who was apparently in search of funding. In 1951 Haas published a book entitled <i>How to Conduct a Community Self-Survey of Civil Rights</i> which was the culmination of an American Jewish Congress project that began in 1944. Considering the other names mentioned including financier and statesman Bernard Baruch and Levy it is likely that the "subscription" mentioned went towards supporting UJA or another similar Jewish philanthropic organization.</p> books‎

Bookseller reference : 23592

ABAA

Seth Kaller, Inc.

€12,691.50 Buy

‎ELEANOR ROOSEVELT‎

‎Two Eleanor Roosevelt Letters In Her Book This I Remember‎

‎Two Eleanor Roosevelt signed letters in a first edition of her book This I Remember: a TLS. 1pg. 6†x 7â€. July 18 1950. New York. A typed letter signed “Eleanor Roosevelt†on “Val Kill Cottage†stationery. She wrote to Marion K. Garrison of West Orange New Jersey: “Dear Mrs. Garrison: You were very kind to send such lovely flowers to Mrs. Parish’s funeral and I deeply appreciate your thought. It is sad to lose a member of the family. With my deep appreciation I am Very sincerely yours Eleanor Rooseveltâ€. Susan Parish was Eleanor Roosevelt’s godmother and young Eleanor lived with Susan for a time. The letter is in good condition with glue residue to the top margin. It is attached to the inside front cover. The signature is dark blue. b TLS. 1pg. 6†x 7â€. July 19 1950. New York. A typed letter signed “Eleanor Roosevelt†on “Val Kill Cottage†stationery. She wrote to Marion K. Garrison of West Orange New Jersey: “Dear Mrs. Garrison: You are more than kind to offer me the hospitality of your home and I deeply appreciate it. The house in Orange was left to the Parishes so I will not be coming to New Jersey. With my best wishes and many thanks I am Very cordially yours Eleanor Rooseveltâ€. The condition is very good with the top margin glued to the inside rear cover. c The book has faded front and rear boards and a slightly darkened spine. There are personal inscriptions from 1949 on the front end page. The overall condition is very good. hardcover books‎

Bookseller reference : 2361

ABAA

Stuart Lutz Historic Documents, Inc.
[Books from Stuart Lutz Historic Documents, Inc.]

€380.74 Buy

‎Eleanor Roosevelt, et al‎

‎Ladies' Home Journal, The Magazine Women Believe In, May 1942 [Vol. LIX, No. 5]‎

‎148 pages. Charming cover illustration by Al Parker depicts mother and daughter arranging their WWII-era ration stickers. Features: War and the Standard of Living; If You Ask Me (by Eleanor Roosevelt); There Never Was a Marriage Like Yours; How America Lives: Meet Reverend & Mrs. Sanborn - Arthayer Russell and Ruth Sanborn, Jr.; "The Church Just Doesn't Think"; and "Catching" Diseases. Many articles on domesticity, fashion, decorating, food and homemaking (including recipes), short stories and poetry. Full page colour vintage print advertising for Campbell's Soup, Coca-Cola, and French's Mustard. Full page colour vintage Lucky Strike Cigarette print advertising with American Artist James O. Chapin (1887-1975) painting. Full page colour ad with Rosalind Russell promoting Lux Toilet Soap. Short stories illustrated by Roy F. Spreter and Al Parker. Complete, clean and unmarked with moderate wear. A nice vintage copy of this wartime issue. Magazine‎

MareMagnum

RareNonFiction.com
Ladysmith, CA
[Books from RareNonFiction.com]

€199.95 Buy

‎Eleanor; Emblidge Roosevelt‎

‎My Day: The Best of Eleanor Roosevelt's Acclaimed Newspaper Columns 1936-1962‎

‎Mjf Books. Hardcover. GOOD. Spine creases wear to binding and pages from reading. May contain limited notes underlining or highlighting that does affect the text. Possible ex library copy that’ll have the markings and stickers associated from the library. Accessories such as CD codes toys may not be included. Mjf Books hardcover‎

Bookseller reference : 3189909085 ISBN : 1567317030 9781567317039

Biblio.com

Discover Books
[Books from Discover Books]

€0.85 Buy

‎Elihu Root Theodore Roosevelt John Hay‎

‎The Panama Canal And Our Relations With Colombia: Papers Relating To The Acquisition Of The Canal Zone Including An Extract From The Message Of . To The Isthmian Canal January 4 1904.‎

‎Nabu Press 2012-02-29. Paperback. Good. Nabu Press paperback‎

Bookseller reference : SONG1276426003 ISBN : 1276426003 9781276426008

Biblio.com

Ergodebooks
[Books from Ergodebooks]

€16.92 Buy

‎Eliot T. S. ; Kermit "Kim" Roosevelt Jr.'s copy‎

‎Collected Poems 1909-1925 Kermit "Kim" Roosevelt Jr.'s copy with his manuscript notes‎

‎London: Faber and Faber. Good. 1942. Later Printing. Hardcover. 128 pages; Former owner's signature on ffep "K. Roosevelt / Bermuda 1944"; some notes on rear endpapers. Kermit "Kim" Roosevelt Jr. 1916 - 2000 the grandson of President Theodore Roosevelt was an intelligence officer in the COI Office of the Coordinator of Information and in OSS Office of Strategic Services during World War II. Kermit continued his career with the intellience services after the war joining the CIA when it was established in 1947. He was the mastermind of the Central Intelligence Agency's Operation Ajax which orchestrated the coup against Iran's democratically-elected Mohammed Mossadegh administration and returned Mohammad Reza Pahlavi the Shah of Iran to Iran's Peacock Throne in August 1953 for the purpose of returning Western control of Middle Eastern oil supplies. . Faber and Faber hardcover‎

Bookseller reference : 41995

Biblio.com

Antiquarian Book Shop
[Books from Antiquarian Book Shop]

€12.64 Buy

‎Elisabeth G. Stern Theodore Roosevelt Introduction‎

‎My Mother And I‎

‎Kessinger Publishing LLC 2007-09-13. Hardcover. Used:Good. Kessinger Publishing, LLC hardcover‎

Bookseller reference : DADAX054852484X ISBN : 054852484X 9780548524848

Biblio.com

Ergodebooks
[Books from Ergodebooks]

€43.27 Buy

‎Elisabeth G. Stern; Introduction Theodore Roosevelt‎

‎My Mother And I‎

‎Kessinger Publishing LLC 2007-09-13. Hardcover. Good. Kessinger Publishing, LLC hardcover‎

Bookseller reference : SONG054852484X ISBN : 054852484X 9780548524848

Biblio.com

Ergodebooks
[Books from Ergodebooks]

€47.58 Buy

‎Elisabeth Ogilvie Elliott Roosevelt Gene Smith Donald McCaig‎

‎Nop's Trials/Lee and Grant/Murder and the First Lady/Jennie About to Be Reader's Digest Condensed Books Volume 4: 1984‎

‎Reader's Digest Association 1/1/1984. Hardcover. Acceptable. 1.7000 inches 7.4000 inches 5.5000 inches. Torn dust jacket. Reader's Digest Association hardcover‎

Bookseller reference : mon0000075352

Biblio.com

ParlorBooks
[Books from ParlorBooks]

€1.68 Buy

‎Elizabeth Righter Editor Anna Roosevelt Foreword‎

‎The Tutu Archaeological Village Site: A Multi-disciplinary Case Study in Human Adaptation Interpreting the Remains of the Past‎

‎Routledge 2002-12-13. Hardcover. Used:Good. Routledge hardcover‎

Bookseller reference : DADAX0415239907 ISBN : 0415239907 9780415239905

Biblio.com

Ergodebooks
[Books from Ergodebooks]

€310.28 Buy

‎Elliot Roosevelt & James Brough‎

‎An untold story :The Roosevelts of Hyde Park‎

‎Dust cover missing. G.P. Putnam's Sons hardcover‎

Bookseller reference : AP TWO 17

Biblio.com

CantPut theBookDown
[Books from CantPut theBookDown]

€8.36 Buy

‎Elliot Roosevelt James Brough‎

‎An Untold Story : The Roosevelts of Hyde Park‎

‎Dell Publishing. Used - Good. Shows some signs of wear and may have some markings on the inside. Dell Publishing unknown‎

Bookseller reference : GRP114014674 ISBN : 0440188679 9780440188674

Biblio.com

Better World Books
[Books from Better World Books]

€24.05 Buy

‎Elliot Roosevelt and James Brough‎

‎An Untold Story. The Roosevelt's of Hyde Park‎

‎NY: Putnam's 1973. Book. Very Good. Cloth. Beige cloth. Very Good. Putnam's Hardcover‎

Bookseller reference : 002374

Biblio.com

Bookworm Books
[Books from Bookworm Books]

€11.00 Buy

‎Elliot Roosevelt‎

‎F.D.R. His Personal Letters - Early Years‎

‎Duell Publishing - 1947. Hardcover/pub.1947/Fair condition/543 pages - This is a text of FDR's personal letters they will help you understand the man and his mind and the influences that shaped them. KE519319. Hard Cover. Good. Duell Publishing - Hardcover‎

Bookseller reference : 19319

Biblio.com

Infospec
[Books from Infospec]

€34.08 Buy

‎Elliot Roosevelt‎

‎MURDER AND THE FIRST LADY‎

‎new york n y: St Martins Pr 1/1/1984 . hard cover with dj. good for its age with dj. clean no marks B.C.E. St Martins Pr hardcover‎

Bookseller reference : 207

Biblio.com

Farmer Jim Enterprises
[Books from Farmer Jim Enterprises]

€3.38 Buy

‎Elliot Roosevelt‎

‎Murder at Midnight‎

‎St. Martin's 1999. Later Edition. Mass Market i.e. 4 by 7 inch softcover. N/A volume is softcover. Novel St. Martin's paperback‎

Bookseller reference : 000-197393 ISBN : 0312965540 9780312965549

Biblio.com

Borderlands Books
[Books from Borderlands Books]

€2.54 Buy

‎Elliot Roosevelt‎

‎MURDER AT HOBCAW BARONY‎

‎NEW YORK N Y: St Martins Pr 1/1/1986 . hard cover with dj. very good near fine with dj. B.C.E. St Martins Pr hardcover‎

Bookseller reference : 303

Biblio.com

Farmer Jim Enterprises

€3.62 Buy

‎Elliot Roosevelt; Elliott Roosevelt‎

‎Murder in the East Room‎

‎St. Martin's Press 1995. Mass Market Paperback. Very Good. Disclaimer:A copy that has been read but remains in excellent condition. Pages are intact and are not marred by notes or highlighting but may contain a neat previous owner name. The spine remains undamaged. At ThriftBooks our motto is: Read More Spend Less.Dust jacket quality is not guaranteed. St. Martin's Press paperback‎

Bookseller reference : G0312954107I4N00 ISBN : 0312954107 9780312954109

Biblio.com

ThriftBooks
[Books from ThriftBooks]

€3.96 Buy

‎Elliot Roosevelt; Elliott Roosevelt‎

‎Murder in the Lincoln Bedroom‎

‎St. Martin's Press 2000. Hardcover. Very Good. Disclaimer:A copy that has been read but remains in excellent condition. Pages are intact and are not marred by notes or highlighting but may contain a neat previous owner name. The spine remains undamaged. At ThriftBooks our motto is: Read More Spend Less.Dust jacket quality is not guaranteed. St. Martin's Press hardcover‎

Bookseller reference : G0312261500I4N00 ISBN : 0312261500 9780312261504

Biblio.com

ThriftBooks
[Books from ThriftBooks]

€3.29 Buy

‎ELLIOTT ROOSEVELT AND JAMES BROUGH‎

‎AN UNTOLD STORK THE ROOSEVELTS OF HYDE PARK‎

‎NEW YORK N Y: G P PUTNAM'S SONS 1/1/1973 . hard cover with dj. near fine. GREAT COPY NO MARKS CLOSE TO NEW BELIEVE IT'S A FIRST EDITION SEVERAL NEWS PAPER CLIPPINGS TAPED TO FIRST PAGE NOTING SONS AND DAUGHTERS DEATHS G P PUTNAM'S SONS hardcover‎

Bookseller reference : 1179

Biblio.com

Farmer Jim Enterprises

€27.08 Buy

‎Elliott ed Roosevelt‎

‎F.D.R.: His Personal Letters: Early Years‎

‎Duell Sloan & Pearce New York 1947. First Edition. Hardcover. Near Fine Condition/Very Good. Illustrator: photos. Foreword by Eleanor Roosevelt. Size: Octavo standard book size. 543 pp. Text is free of previous owner's markings. Binding is tight covers and spine fully intact. No foxing in this copy. General shelf wear to dust jacket with slight creasing along edges. Dust Jacket price-clipped. Edges browned and dusty. General shelfwear to covers edges and corners. Illustrator: photos. Quantity Available: 1. Shipped Weight: Under 1 kilo. Category: Biography & Autobiography; United States; 19th & 20th century; #19335; Politics & Government. Pictures of this item not already displayed here available upon request. Inventory No: AC012284I. . Duell, Sloan & Pearce hardcover‎

Bookseller reference : AC012284I

Biblio.com

Ayerego Books (IOBA)
Canada Canadá Canadá Canada
[Books from Ayerego Books (IOBA)]

€22.91 Buy

‎Elliott Roosevelt‎

‎12 books Eleanor Roosevelt Mysteries 1 Blackjack Endicott Mystery‎

‎#1 Murder and the First Lady<br />#2 The Hyde Park Murder<br />#5 Murder at the Palace<br />#6 Murder in the Oval Office<br />#7 Murder in the Rose Garden<br />#8 Murder in the Blue Room<br />#9 A First Class Murder<br />#10 Murder in the Red Room<br />#11 Murder in the West Wing<br />#12 Murder in the East Room<br />#13 A Royal Murder<br />#15 Murder in the Chateau<br /><br />Blackjack Endicott series<br />#2 New Deal For Death<br /><br />Hardbacks dust jackets and books have some edge wear general wear St. Martin's Press hardcover‎

Bookseller reference : 111

Biblio.com

Read It Again Books
[Books from Read It Again Books]

€59.23 Buy

‎Elliott Roosevelt‎

‎A First Class Murder An Eleanor Roosevelt Mystery‎

‎St Martins Pr. Hardcover. POOR. Noticeably used book. Heavy wear to cover. Pages contain marginal notes underlining and or highlighting. Possible ex library copy with all the markings/stickers of that library. Accessories such as CD codes toys and dust jackets may not be included. St Martins Pr hardcover‎

Bookseller reference : 3185986617 ISBN : 0312055277 9780312055271

Biblio.com

Discover Books

€0.85 Buy

‎Elliott Roosevelt‎

‎A First Class Murder G K Hall Large Print Book Series‎

‎G K Hall & Co. Hardcover. POOR. Noticeably used book. Heavy wear to cover. Pages contain marginal notes underlining and or highlighting. Possible ex library copy with all the markings/stickers of that library. Accessories such as CD codes toys and dust jackets may not be included. G K Hall & Co hardcover‎

Bookseller reference : 3187491864 ISBN : 0816153175 9780816153176

Biblio.com

Discover Books

€1.50 Buy

‎Elliott Roosevelt‎

‎A First Class Murder Thorndike Press Large Print Paperback Series‎

‎G K Hall & Co. Paperback. VERY GOOD. Light rubbing wear to cover spine and page edges. Very minimal writing or notations in margins not affecting the text. Possible clean ex-library copy with their stickers and or stamps. G K Hall & Co paperback‎

Bookseller reference : 3191735315 ISBN : 0816153183 9780816153183

Biblio.com

Discover Books

€6.33 Buy

‎Elliott Roosevelt‎

‎A First Class Murder‎

‎Cengage Gale 1992. Paperback. Acceptable. Disclaimer:A readable copy. All pages are intact and the cover is intact. Pages can include considerable notes-in pen or highlighter-but the notes cannot obscure the text. An ex-library book and may have standard library stamps and/or stickers. At ThriftBooks our motto is: Read More Spend Less.Dust jacket quality is not guaranteed. Cengage Gale paperback‎

Bookseller reference : G0816153183I5N10 ISBN : 0816153183 9780816153183

Biblio.com

ThriftBooks
[Books from ThriftBooks]

€8.77 Buy

‎Elliott Roosevelt‎

‎A First Class Murder‎

‎St. Martin's Press 1991. Hardcover. Very Good. Disclaimer:A copy that has been read but remains in excellent condition. Pages are intact and are not marred by notes or highlighting but may contain a neat previous owner name. The spine remains undamaged. An ex-library book and may have standard library stamps and/or stickers. At ThriftBooks our motto is: Read More Spend Less.Dust jacket quality is not guaranteed. St. Martin's Press hardcover‎

Bookseller reference : G0312055277I4N10 ISBN : 0312055277 9780312055271

Biblio.com

ThriftBooks
[Books from ThriftBooks]

€3.32 Buy

‎Elliott Roosevelt‎

‎A First Class Murder‎

‎St. Martin's Press 1991. Hardcover. Good. Disclaimer:A copy that has been read but remains in clean condition. All pages are intact and the cover is intact. The spine may show signs of wear. Pages can include limited notes and highlighting and the copy can include previous owner inscriptions. At ThriftBooks our motto is: Read More Spend Less.Dust jacket quality is not guaranteed. St. Martin's Press hardcover‎

Bookseller reference : G0312055277I3N00 ISBN : 0312055277 9780312055271

Biblio.com

ThriftBooks
[Books from ThriftBooks]

€3.32 Buy

‎Elliott Roosevelt‎

‎A First Class Murder‎

‎Cengage Gale 1992. Hardcover. Very Good. Disclaimer:A copy that has been read but remains in excellent condition. Pages are intact and are not marred by notes or highlighting but may contain a neat previous owner name. The spine remains undamaged. At ThriftBooks our motto is: Read More Spend Less.Dust jacket quality is not guaranteed. Cengage Gale hardcover‎

Bookseller reference : G0816153175I4N00 ISBN : 0816153175 9780816153176

Biblio.com

ThriftBooks
[Books from ThriftBooks]

€3.66 Buy

‎Elliott Roosevelt‎

‎1991-04-03. New. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. May be re-issue. Buy with confidence excellent customer service! unknown‎

Bookseller reference : 0312055277n ISBN : 0312055277 9780312055271

Biblio.com

Books Express

€111.60 Buy

‎Elliott Roosevelt‎

‎A First Class Murder‎

‎1993-08-01. New. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. May be re-issue. Buy with confidence excellent customer service! unknown‎

Bookseller reference : 0380712385n ISBN : 0380712385 9780380712380

Biblio.com

Books Express

€154.97 Buy

‎Elliott Roosevelt‎

‎Good. Used book in good condition. Has wear to the cover and pages. Contains some markings such as highlighting and writing. 100% guaranteed. 060220 unknown‎

Bookseller reference : 0312055277[go] ISBN : 0312055277 9780312055271

Biblio.com

allianz
[Books from allianz]

€11.45 Buy

‎Elliott Roosevelt‎

‎St Martins Pr February 1991. Hardcover. Good. St Martins Pr hardcover‎

Bookseller reference : 184410 ISBN : 0312055277 9780312055271

Biblio.com

Dunaway Books
[Books from Dunaway Books]

€5.97 Buy

‎Elliott Roosevelt‎

‎A First Class Murder‎

‎Avon Books Mm June 1993. Paperback. Good - Trade. Stock photos may not look exactly like the book. Avon Books (Mm) paperback‎

Bookseller reference : 530461 ISBN : 0380712385 9780380712380

Biblio.com

The Book Garden
[Books from The Book Garden]

€3.38 Buy

‎Elliott Roosevelt‎

‎A First Class Murder: An Eleanor Roosevelt Mystery‎

‎St Martins Pr 1991-03-01. Hardcover. Used:Good. St Martins Pr hardcover‎

Bookseller reference : DADAX0312055277 ISBN : 0312055277 9780312055271

Biblio.com

Ergodebooks
[Books from Ergodebooks]

€39.02 Buy

‎Elliott Roosevelt‎

‎A First Class Murder‎

‎Avon Books Mm 1993-06-01. Paperback. Used:Good. Avon Books (Mm) paperback‎

Bookseller reference : DADAX0380712385 ISBN : 0380712385 9780380712380

Biblio.com

Ergodebooks
[Books from Ergodebooks]

€42.63 Buy

‎Elliott Roosevelt‎

‎A First Class Murder‎

‎Avon Books Mm 1993-06. Paperback. Good. Avon Books (Mm) paperback‎

Bookseller reference : SONG0380712385 ISBN : 0380712385 9780380712380

Biblio.com

Ergodebooks
[Books from Ergodebooks]

€7.03 Buy

‎Elliott Roosevelt‎

‎A First Class Murder G K Hall Large Print Book Series‎

‎G K Hall & Co 1992-03. Hardcover. Good. G K Hall & Co hardcover‎

Bookseller reference : SONG0816153175 ISBN : 0816153175 9780816153176

Biblio.com

Ergodebooks
[Books from Ergodebooks]

€8.26 Buy

‎Elliott Roosevelt‎

‎A New Deal for Death‎

‎Good. Used book in good condition. Has wear to the cover and pages. Contains some markings such as highlighting and writing. Ex-library with the usual stamps. 100% guaranteed. 062420 unknown‎

Bookseller reference : 0312092679[go] ISBN : 0312092679 9780312092672

Biblio.com

allianz
[Books from allianz]

€13.05 Buy

‎Elliott Roosevelt‎

‎A New Deal for Death‎

‎Fair. No Hassle 30 Day Returns Ships Daily Underlining/Highlighting: NONE Writing: None unknown‎

Bookseller reference : 5402094 ISBN : 0312092679 9780312092672

Biblio.com

BookHolders
[Books from BookHolders]

€1.13 Buy

Number of results : 14,934 (299 Page(s))

First page Previous page 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 63 102 141 180 219 258 297 ... 299 Next page Last page