Professional bookseller's independent website

‎Roosevelt franklin delano‎

Main

Parent topics

‎History‎
Number of results : 14,934 (299 Page(s))

First page Previous page 1 ... 235 236 237 [238] 239 240 241 ... 249 257 265 273 281 289 297 ... 299 Next page Last page

‎ROOSEVELT THEODORE‎

‎Typed Letter Signed‎

‎New York: np 1913. First edition. no binding. Very Good. PASSIONATE AND IMPORTANT LETTER BY THEODORE ROOSEVELT DEFINING THE NATURE OF THE PROGRESSIVE PARTY. The letter signed and typed by Roosevelt on letterhead of The Outlook magazine where Roosevelt was a contributor and associate editor and dated February 14 1913 is addressed to Progressive Party Committeeman Henry Wallace and reads in full: The Outlook 287 Fourth Avenue New York February 14 1913 My dear Mr. Wallace I have written a letter to Mr Watkins which I hope he will show you. Michigan is to elect a number of State officer and various county city and township officers this Spring. I hope we shall have a straight Progressive ticket put up in the State and in every city and township. I see in the press that the regulars of the Republican Party are endeavoring to absorb our representatives. Now the Progressive Party stands for principals not men. We have in our ranks very many ex-Democrats just as we have very many ex-Republicans. Our loyalty is due to both. 
The present Republican Party is under the absolute control of the men who stole from the rank and file of the Republican Party last June their right to their own choice for President when Mr Taft was fraudulently nominated; and he and his supporters Messrs Barnes Penrose Guggenheim Lorimer and company have no claim to the support of any honest man. The men who follow and support these men can have nothing in common with our plans and ideas of government. 

The Progressive Party was formed on principles which we believe to be eternal which will live long after the men of this generation have been gathered to their fathers. We are the spiritual heirs of Abraham Lincoln. The feat accomplished last election was an extraordinary feat. It is necessary to continue with the organization and to make a clearcut fight against both the old party machines. I earnest hope that you will make as hard a fight in Michigan as you know how for a straight-out Progressive ticket. Incidentally let me say that the unjustifiable action of the returning officer of Michigan in stealing away from the legally elected candidate in the Twelfth District his office should be used for all that it is worth. This action of itself shows that the Republican leaders in Michigan are not to be trusted in any shape or way and that their protestations of good conduct are worse than worthless. 

Wherever the Republican Party has had the opportunity since election as in Maine and Massachusetts it has put in office reactionaries men of the old machine men committed to the system of bossism in politics and privilege in business. In Michigan in the Twelfth Congressional District these men showed that they are still committed to the principal corrected by hand to "practice" of utter political dishonesty and to the breaking down of the power of the people in favor of the bosses. We are fighting for great principles and we are also fighting for honest citizenship against dishonesty in citizenship. We have a right to hope that Michigan will come to the front on this issue. I would rather that you did not make this letter public but if you desire that any letter shall be made public if you will write to me I will answer it along substantially the lines of this letter. Faithfully yours signed Theodore Roosevelt Background: The date is February 14 1913. The past year - the election year of 1912 - had been quite eventful for Theodore Roosevelt and for the nation. Tensions were high within the Republican Party after President William Howard Taft presidential successor to Roosevelt and fellow Republican failed to carry out the anti-trust crusade that Roosevelt had begun in his own presidential term. Infighting and hostility during the 1912 Republican National Convention in Michigan led to a major schism in the Republican party; namely the creation of the "Progressive" or "Bull Moose" Party led by Theodore Roosevelt the Party's presidential candidate. Although Roosevelt lost to the Democrat Woodrow Wilson he received more votes than the Republican Taft becoming the only third-party candidate in U.S. history to finish higher than third in a presidential election; it was because of the splitting the Republican votes between Taft and Roosevelt that Democrat Woodrow Wilson was able to seize the victory. During this tumultuous political moment Roosevelt reveals in this letter to Progressive Party Committeeman Henry Wallace what he views to be the essence of the Party and outlines a plan for the future. Defining the Progressive Party: Roosevelt emphasizes that the Progressive Party stands for "principles not men" noting specifically that "The Progressive Party was formed on principles which we believe to be eternal which will live long after the men of this generation have been gathered to their fathers. We are the spiritual heirs of Abraham Lincoln." This a critical point for Roosevelt as he tries to elevate the Party beyond the personalities of the moment. It also allows him to underscore the corrupt nature of the Republican Party which as opposed to the Progressives according to Roosevelt has become a reflection of the self-interest of a handful of powerful men. Roosevelt then names some of these men to further illustrate their influence and to reinforce one of his major themes: that it is essential for the Progressives to work hard to restore power to the citizens. On the failures of the Michigan convention and his plan for the future of the Party: "Michigan is to elect a number of State officer and various county city and township officers this Spring. I hope we shall have a straight Progressive ticket put up in the State and in every city and township. I see in the press that the regulars of the Republican Party are endeavoring to absorb our representatives." One of the central tenants of the Progressive platform was a restructuring of American politics through the growth and development of localized parties to best foster direct links between government officials and public opinion. It was because of this focus on local governments that Progressives set their sights on securing seats within state county city and other municipal legislatures. After Roosevelt's loss in the 1912 national election Progressive success in smaller races became all the more important to the future of the Party. On the legacy of the Progressive Party: "We are fighting for great principles and we are also fighting for honest citizenship against dishonesty in citizenship." 
Many have suggested that the rise of the Progressive party seemed a logical next step after the Gilded Age a period of American history in which laborers suffered at the hands of an elite and wealthy few. The Progressive Party Platform of 1912 of which Roosevelt was one of its many co-authors asserted that "In accordance with the needs of each generation the people must use their sovereign powers to establish and maintain equal opportunity and industrial justice to secure which this Government was founded and without which no republic can endure." 

While Roosevelt himself was unable to reach federal office under the Progressive Party name the reforms promoted by himself and his colleagues had lasting impacts on American society culture and economy. Franklin Roosevelt's "New Deal" drew heavily on the Progressive Party's platform and many of the goals of the Progressive party--anti-trust regulation labor reform health care reforms and crackdowns on political corruption--were all ideas that developed well beyond Roosevelt's era influencing even the politics of today.

New York: February 14 1913.  Written on three sheets of Roosevelt's letterhead "Office of Theodore Roosevelt" from the weekly magazine The Outlook which Roosevelt edited beginning in 1911. Housed in a custom presentation folder. Bearing one holographic correction changing "principle" to "practice". Almost invisible repairs to extreme margins of third leaf not near text. With a large strong Roosevelt signature. 

A HISTORICALLY IMPORTANT LETTER CONCERNING ONE OF THE UNITED STATES' MOST INFLUENTIAL POLITICAL MOVEMENTS.
. np unknown books‎

Bookseller reference : 2110

ABAA

The Manhattan Rare Book Company
United States Estados Unidos Estados Unidos États-Unis
[Books from The Manhattan Rare Book Company]

€9,307.10 Buy

‎ROOSEVELT Theodore‎

‎Typed Letter Signed "Theodore Roosevelt"‎

‎as President in black fountain pen ink on printed White House letterhead Oyster Bay New York August 1 1905. 4to. 1 page with integral leaf; paper watermarked "Whiting's Woven Linen." recto only. Together with the original mailing stamped envelope postmarked Oyster Bay August 2 1905 and backstamped with Ridgefield Conn rec'd postmark. Very good fresh example. To Miss Ellen Velvin: The Bailey Inn Ridgefield Conn. Even the strenuous duties of President did not prevent Roosevelt from pursuing his interests in hunting and natural history. In full: "My dear Miss Velvin: I am greatly obliged to you. You have given me just the information I needed. I was very much puzzled by the way pumas behaved when I hunted them for it did not seem possible that leopards or jaguars could behave in such manner and yet be the dangerous creatures they were reported. Evidently there is a real psychic difference between the cougar and the other big cats as your observations upon them in captivity show." Roosevelt adds 18 words in his own hand: "In the wild state I personally have known young cougars but never old cougars to frolic and play." Ellen Velvin was the author of several books about wild animals both in the wild in zoos and in circuses. Theodore Roosevelt 1858-1919 author statesman and explorer; 26th President of the United States 1901-09. Not located in the Collected Letters. books‎

Bookseller reference : 601122

ABAA

Houle Rare Books & Autographs
[Books from Houle Rare Books & Autographs]

€6,345.75 Buy

‎Roosevelt Theodore‎

‎Typed Letter Signed "Theodore Roosevelt" as President to Lawrence F. Abbott of The Outlook‎

‎Washington D.C. 1903. One page on White House letterhead marked "Personal". 4to. Bifolium. Fine. One page on White House letterhead marked "Personal". 4to. President Roosevelt writes to his close friend and editor of "The Outlook" Lawrence Fraser Abbott 1859-1933. In full:<br/>"My dear Mr. Abbott:<br/>Mea culpa! I had totally forgotten about Tyner. Of course your reference was absolutely right. Sincerely yours Theodore Roosevelt."<br/><br/>The letter is a response to Abbott's of December 12 in which he clarifies a reference made concerning ex-Postmaster General James N. Tyner in an "Outlook" article about a Post Office fraud case. Abbott served as Roosevelt's secretary during his 1909-10 tour of Europe and Africa edited the volume of Roosevelt's addresses that came of the trip wrote the entry on Roosevelt for the Encyclopedia Britannica 1911 as well as a volume of Impressions of Theodore Roosevelt 1919. After leaving office Roosevelt himself became a contributing editor to "The Outlook unknown books‎

Bookseller reference : 308809

ABAA

James Cummins Bookseller
[Books from James Cummins Bookseller]

€846.10 Buy

‎Roosevelt Theodore‎

‎Typed Letter signed "Theodore Roosevelt" to author Melville D. Post‎

‎Washington D.C. 1908. 1 p. typed letter in blue ink with one manuscript correction on folded leaf of White House stationery with original White House envelope addressed in type. 8vo 9 x 7-1/8 in. Light creasing from prior folding some faint finger soiling. 1 p. typed letter in blue ink with one manuscript correction on folded leaf of White House stationery with original White House envelope addressed in type. 8vo 9 x 7-1/8 in. TR Praises Melville Post. Roosevelt praises the author Melville Post: "Some of the stories in 'The Character corrected to Corrector of Destinies' I have already read and have enjoyed to the full so I can say with entire sincerity that I genuinely look forward to reading the book. I shall take it up to-night and probably you will have on your conscience the fact that for an evening I have scandously neglected my duties ." Post 1869-1930 was a prolific and popular American author and an important contributor to the crime genre - his recuring character Uncle Abner solved crimes in the backwoods of ante-bellum West Virginia. Roosevelt could read and absorb books at an incredible rate - he supposedly read a book a day before breakfast - and it is likely that he polished off Post's book that very evening. unknown books‎

Bookseller reference : 101312

ABAA

James Cummins Bookseller

€1,142.23 Buy

‎ROOSEVELT THEODORE‎

‎Typed Letter Signed as President with holograph correction on White House stationery 1 page 4to folded sheet Washington D. C. October 14 1905‎

‎President Roosevelt writes to Judge George C. Holt 1843-1931 nominated by Roosevelt and confirmed as US District Judge in New York to discuss the politics of a district attorney-ship. The President also makes reference to William Howard Taft 1857-1930 27th US President and 10th Chief Justice of the Supreme Court who served at the time as Secretary of War; Elihu Root 1845-1937 who served as Secretary of State at the time of our letter; William Henry Moody 1853-1917 Attorney General when Roosevelt wrote this letter then Associate Justice of the Supreme Court in December 1906. Roosevelt writes "Whitney has written Secretary Taft a strong protest against Morris. If you are willing as this district attorney-ship is a very important matter I shall ask you and Judge Townsend to come on here early in November.when I can have Secretary Root and Attorney General Moody here." Roosevelt crosses out "here" and hand writes "to meet you" above. He wants to find out what Root and Moody think." Signed in a strong hand "Theodore Roosevelt." The reference to Judge Townsend is likely to William Kneeland Townsend whom Roosevelt promoted in 1902 to the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. Horizontal fold. Attractively framed using archival mat and glass with profile photograph framed with original cabinet size photograph as president identified on verso. unknown books‎

Bookseller reference : 4159

ABAA

Schulson Autographs
[Books from Schulson Autographs]

€1,522.98 Buy

‎ROOSEVELT THEODORE‎

‎Typed Letter Signed TLS‎

‎New York: np 1913. First edition. nb. ROOSEVELT'S HISTORIC LETTER INVITING MAUD NATHAN TO LEAD THE SUFFRAGE COMMITTEE OF THE PROGRESSIVE PARTY. Women's suffrage was a key element of the Progressive Party's platform during Roosevelt's unsuccessful third-party presidential bid in 1912. In early 1913 despite his loss Roosevelt was not about to give up the fight and continued to aggressively campaign for Progressive causes and candidates throughout the country. <br /> <br /> In this letter from February 18 1913 Roosevelt re-affirms his commitment to women's suffrage by asking the influential reformer and suffragist Maud Nathan to head his "Suffrage Committee" for the Progressive party. <br /> <br /> Written on Roosevelt's "Outlook" stationery the letter reads in full:<br /> <br /> My dear Mrs. Nathan:

The other night we had too much speaking at the Progressive dinner. We should have cut down by one-half the number of speakers and if possible have cut down the number of subjects touched upon. I had to refuse a request from Teddy Robinson to introduce another matter and it would have been quite impossible to introduce the question of those concerts.

<br /> <br /> Now may I ask very warmly that you head the Suffrage Committee in the Progressive Service It is in my judgment essential that we have at the head of that committee a women who is known as much more than only an agitator for suffrage for women. She must be a convinced suffragist eager for the cause; but she must also be identified in the public mind with other movements-that is she must embody our principle that we are for suffrage because women are not merely entitled to it as a right but are entitled to it as a means of rendering more efficient service to the community as a whole. Now my dear Mrs. Nathan you embody this principle. I earnestly ask that you will accept the head of this committee. The chairmanship of this committee if accepted by you will make you one of four people who are directing the policy of the popular government department of the Progressive Party. I need hardly say to you that there are few if any positions of leadership in our party so important as this and I am tempted to say that there are none more important. 

<br /> <br /> Earnestly hoping you can accept even at the cost of considerable personal inconvenience I am 

<br /> <br /> Very sincerely yours
<br /> signedTheodore Roosevelt

<br /> <br /> Maud Nathan did indeed accept Roosevelt's offer and continued to be an aggressive champion for women's rights throughout her life. <br /> <br /> The timing of this letter - February 18 1913 - coincides with a critical moment in the movement for only a few weeks later - on March 3 1913 - thousands of suffragists marched down Pennsylvania Avenue to protest the inauguration of the new president Woodrow Wilson who was hostile to the idea of suffrage a march that would be instrumental for the future success of the movement. <br /> <br /> More on Maud Nathan:<br /> <br /> Maud Nathan "worked tirelessly for woman suffrage an issue that caused a rift in her relations with her family. Her brothers and sister opposed this reform while her cousin Benjamin Cardozo supported a constitutional amendment writing Nathan that his conscience would not allow him to vote against it. 
<br /> <br /> "Frederick Nathan shared his wife's views on equal suffrage leading the Men's League for Equal Suffrage helping to organize the International Men's League at Stockholm and marching in the first suffrage parade. Newspaper accounts of conventions and demonstrations often mention his presence at his wife's side occasionally referring to him as Mr. Maud Nathan. Maud Nathan won the New York Herald Prize in 1913 for the best letter in favor of woman suffrage" Jewish Women's Archive. <br /> <br /> "Of all the American Jewish women who participated in the suffrage movement Maud Nathan was probably the best known at the turn of the century. She believed that Jewish women had a special civic responsibility that could best be demonstrated through social reform and political participation" Melissa R. Klapper Ballots Babies and Banners of Peace: American Jewish Women's Activism 1890-1940. <br /> <br /> Typed Letter Signed. Two 7.5x9.5 inch pages of Roosevelt's Outlook stationery. A few spots of soiling; usual folds; custom folder. With three handwritten emendations in Roosevelt's hand. An important letter during a critical time for the women's suffrage movement. np unknown books‎

Bookseller reference : 2149

ABAA

€7,614.90 Buy

‎ROOSEVELT THEODORE‎

‎Typed Letter Signed with Autograph Additions TLS‎

‎New York: np 1915. First edition. nb. Very Good. IMPASSIONED LETTER BY ROOSEVELT STRONGLY SUPPORTING NON-SECTARIAN PUBLIC SCHOOLS. Theodore Roosevelt writes to Michael Schaap a progressive member of the New York legislature with whom the former president shared multiple correspondences opposing "making compulsory the reading of the Bible in Public Schools." While a devout Christian himself who often encouraged others to attend church Roosevelt forcefully articulates his support in the letter for "absolutely non-sectarian public schools." While one may cite the "moral or ethical parts of the Bible so long as this causes no offense to anyone" he argues "it is not our business to have the Protestant Bible or the Catholic Vulgate or the Talmud read in those schools."<br /> <br /> Schaap was a prominent Progressive party member of the state legislature who at the time of this letter was dealing with proposed legislation making Bible reading compulsory in New York public schools. Ultimately the bill went down to defeat in the 1915 session; it was introduced again in the following year but also defeated.<br /> <br /> In the latter half of the letter Roosevelt implores Schaap to "treat this letter as private" later conceding however in a handwritten addition that Schaap could share the correspondence with "Hamilton Fish our one Progressive legislator if he wishes" for he has "so many fights on my hands that there is no use my going into another." <br /> <br /> Dated February 22 1915 and typed on Roosevelt's "Thirty East Forty Second Street New York City" stationery the letter reads in full:<br /> <br /> My dear Schaap:<br /> <br /> Some time or other come in to see me. I see you appeared against the bill making compulsory the reading of the Bible in the Public Schools. If I were in the Legislature or Governor I should vote against or veto that bill because I believe in absolutely non-sectarian public schools. It is not our business to have the Protestant Bible of the Catholic Vulgate or the Talmud read in those schools. There is no objection whatever where the local sentiment favors it for the teacher to read a few verses of the ethical or moral parts of the Bible so long as this causes no offense to anyone. But it is entirely wrong for the law to make this reading compulsory; and the Protestant fanatics who attempt to force this through are playing into the hands of the Catholic fanatics who want to break down the Public Schools system and introduce a system of sectarian schools. I shall ask you to treat this letter as private because I have so many fights on my hands that there is no use my going into another; and just at present our people do not wish me to embark on a general course of lectures to them as to what they should do in the public schools. handwritten You can show this letter however to Hamilton Fish our one Progressive legislator if you wish.<br /> <br /> typed Faithfully yours<br /> signedTheodore Roosevelt<br /> <br /> Typed letter signed "Theodore Roosevelt" to Michael Schaap New York 22 February 1915. With two-line autograph addition. Quarto 7.75x9.5 in one page on Roosevelt's NY stationery. Center crease reinforced on verso hints of toning to edges. Housed in custom presentation folder.<br /> <br /> A FORCEFUL REVEALING LETTER DOCUMENTING ROOSEVELT'S POSITION ON THE NATURE OF PUBLIC SCHOOL EDUCATION. np unknown books‎

Bookseller reference : 2422

ABAA

€8,037.95 Buy

‎ROOSEVELT Theodore‎

‎Works of Theodore Roosevelt Presidentiall Edition‎

‎The Presidential Edition ROOSEVELT Theodore. The Works of Theodore Roosevelt Presidential Edition. New York: G.P. Putnam's Sons The Knickerbocker Press n.d.c.a. 1904. Presidential Edition and according to the publisher in a letter dated 1904 they would be publishing this "Presidential Edition" to be printed from the plates of the Library Edition of 1903. Eight octavo volumes 8 1/2 x 5 3/4 inches; 218 x 145 mm. Each volume with a frontispiece and tissue guard. Other black and white illustrations throughout. Volume I with folding map. Uniformly bound in modern full tan calf. Each volume with two dark green morocco spine labels lettered in gilt. Marbled endpapers. Top edges gilt. Overall an about fine unread set. This set comprises the titles: The Naval War of 1812 The Winning of the West 4 Volumes Hunting Trips of a Ranchman The Wilderness Hunter and American Ideals and Other Essays. HBS 68479. $3000 G.P. Putnam's Sons unknown books‎

Bookseller reference : 68479

ABAA

Heritage Book Shop, LLC
[Books from Heritage Book Shop, LLC]

€2,538.30 Buy

‎Roosevelt Theodore 1858 1919‎

‎A COMPILATION OF THE MESSAGES AND SPEECHES OF THEODORE ROOSEVELT 1901-1905. SUPPLEMENTAL‎

‎New York: Bureau of National Literature and Art 1906. Hardcover. Octavo; G; Hardcover; Spine brown with gold print; Boards half bound with brown leather to spine and corners and marbled paper to boards tattering to spine caps and corners wear to bottom edges and hinges; Text block has gilt top edge marbled endpapers clean and tight; paged 741-1207 17 page index frontispiece illustrated b&w plates. 1331316. FP New Rockville Stock. Bureau of National Literature and Art hardcover books‎

Bookseller reference : 1331316

ABAA

Second Story Books
[Books from Second Story Books]

€41.25 Buy

‎Roosevelt Theodore 1858 1919 author; Hart Albert Bushnell; Ferleger Herbert Ronald editors; White William Allen foreword‎

‎THEODORE ROOSEVELT CYCLOPEDIA‎

‎New York: Roosevelt Memorial Association 1941. Hardcover. Octavo; G/Fair; Hardcover with DJ; DJ spine white and green with white print; DJ has small tears at spine ends and flap corners foxing over all penciled Dewey call number on front flap edgewear shelfwear; Boards in brown cloth with gold print slight wear to spine caps and corners else clean and strong; Text block has tinted top edge cracked front hinge Dewey call number penciled on title page verso else clean and tight; xiii 674 pages frontispiece port. 1340258. FP New Rockville Stock. Roosevelt Memorial Association hardcover books‎

Bookseller reference : 1340258

ABAA

Second Story Books
[Books from Second Story Books]

€41.25 Buy

‎Roosevelt Theodore and Edmund Heller‎

‎Life Histories of African Game Animals. Illustrations from photographs and from drawings by Philip R. Goodwin; and with forty faunal maps‎

‎New York: Charles Scribner's Sons 1914. First edition. Large 8vo. 2 volumes: xxviii 4 420; x 2 421-798 pp. Plates double-page map 38 distribution maps. Czech Africa p. 139: "Published four years after the well-publicized Smithsonian African expedition which Roosevelt headed and Heller accompanied this massive work details the species bagged on that adventure as well as other specimens taken on safaris by the likes of Rainey Tjader Powell-Cotton and others. While most of the text is of a zoological nature there are plenty of hunting anecdotes supplied by the authors and such note-worthies as A.E. Pease. The numerous maps show game distribution in Africa and there is a good bibliography of sporting natural history and exploration works." A good solid copy. Original tan cloth rubbed and very soiled some wear at the extremities leather spine labels gilt mostly rubbed away top edge gilt. 7423. <br/><br/> Charles Scribner's Sons hardcover books‎

Bookseller reference : 60020

ABAA

Bartlebys Books
[Books from Bartlebys Books]

€507.66 Buy

‎Roosevelt Theodore Jr.‎

‎2 Typed Letters Signed "Theodore Roosevelt" to Rev. Philip S. Bird‎

‎Oyster Bay New York 1920. Old folds wrinkling to bottom edge but fine. A pair of letters from President Roosevelt's son Theodore "Ted" Roosevelt III 1887-1944 known as "Theodore Jr." Both are addressed to Rev. Philip S. Bird in Dobbs Ferry-on-Hudson New York. In the first he declines an invitation to speak as he's already engaged adding "the members of the family at this moment are so scattered that it will be possible for no one to be there. My brother Archie is in Oklahoma my brother Kermit and my mother in Brazil and my sister and her husband in South Carolina. The other members have not yet reached that stage in life where they can be counted on to make speeches at least of a coherent nature." In the second letter he declines to Rev. Bird to make a commitment to speak on some other date. unknown books‎

Bookseller reference : 308760

ABAA

James Cummins Bookseller

€211.52 Buy

‎Roosevelt Theodore & Daniel Ruddy ed.‎

‎Theodore Roosevelt's History of the United States: His Own Words.‎

‎HarperCollins 2010. First edition first printing. Fine in fine price-clipped dust jacket in mylar cover. HarperCollins, 2010. First edition, first printing. unknown books‎

Bookseller reference : Embry 119509

ABAA

The Hermitage Bookshop, Member ABAA
[Books from The Hermitage Bookshop, Member ABAA]

€12.69 Buy

‎Roosevelt Theodore 1858 1909‎

‎Typed Letter Signed.‎

‎Albany NY: Not published 1899. Book. Very good condition. Unbound. Signed by Authors. First Edition. Octavo 8vo. 1 page typed letter signed in full "Theodore Roosevelt" on State of New York Executive Chamber Albany letterhead. Dated January 31 1899 and addressed to Joseph B. Allee of Brooklyn NY. Measures 8" x 11". The document is slightly age-toned and is tearing neatly at several folds and one fold has an old repair none of which affect the autograph. Minor blotting around the autograph showing additional ghost signatures of T.R. caused by other documents being signed in rapid sequence being placed to dry underneath and upon this document. Americana U.S. President 1901-09. Not published Paperback books‎

Bookseller reference : a3667ba

ABAA

Kurt Gippert Bookseller (ABAA)
[Books from Kurt Gippert Bookseller (ABAA)]

€740.34 Buy

‎Roosevelt Theodore and Edmund Heller‎

‎Life-Histories of African Game Animals.‎

‎New York: Charles Scribner's Sons 1914. First edition of Roosevelt's final work on big-game hunting. Octavo 2 volumes original buckram cloth with morocco spine labels lettered in gilt tissue-guarded engraved frontispieces with illustrations from photographs and drawings by Philip R. Goodwin and with forty faunal maps. In very good condition. A nice example. The 26th President of the United States Theodore Roosevelt was a prolific writer with a vast range of interests and areas of expertise. A lifelong naturalist Roosevelt was recognized for his robustly masculine persona which was reflected in his strong energetic style of writing. Published in 1914 Life-Histories of African Game Animals is Roosevelt's final novel on big game hunting preceded by the enormously popular Hunting Trips of a Ranchman 1885 Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail 1888 The Wilderness Hunter 1893 African Game Trails 1910 and Through the Brazilian Wilderness 1914. Charles Scribner's Sons hardcover books‎

Bookseller reference : 125598

ABAA

Raptis Rare Books
[Books from Raptis Rare Books]

€1,692.20 Buy

‎ROOSEVELT THEODORE BANKS Charles E./Armstrong‎

‎THEODORE ROOSEVELT: 26TH PRES‎

‎CHICAGO STONE 1901. GIFT FROM LA HERALD NEWS FIRST EDITION VERY GOOD. F. CHICAGO, STONE, 1901 unknown books‎

Bookseller reference : 12623

ABAA

€55.00 Buy

‎ROOSEVELT Theodore FINGER Charles J‎

‎LIFE OF THEODORE ROOSEVELT‎

‎GIRARD KANSAS HALDEMAN-JULIUS CO. 1924 1924. ORIGINAL GRAY WRAPPERS; NO DUST JACKET VERY GOOD. Soft cover. GIRARD, KANSAS, HALDEMAN-JULIUS CO. 1924 paperback books‎

Bookseller reference : 159122

ABAA

€29.61 Buy

‎Roosevelt Theodore Hagedorn Herman‎

‎Roosevelt in the Badlands‎

‎Boston: Houghton Mifflin 1921. First Trade edition. Illus. xxvi 491 3pp. 1 vols. 8vo. Original crimson cloth. Fine in VG chipped dj with small loss at bottom of spine and back fold. First Trade edition. Illus. xxvi 491 3pp. 1 vols. 8vo. "what I was like when I had bark on" IN DJ. Six-Score #52; Rampaging Herd 951; Reese 52; Dobie p. 104 Houghton Mifflin unknown books‎

Bookseller reference : 321856

ABAA

James Cummins Bookseller

€232.68 Buy

‎Roosevelt Theodore Hagedorn Herman‎

‎Roosevelt in the Badlands‎

‎Boston: Houghton Mifflin 1921. 146 of 375 copies of the Large Paper Edition. Illus. xxvi 491 3pp. 1 vols. 8vo. Black cloth and maroon boards map on back endpapers. In slipcase. Very good plus. 146 of 375 copies of the Large Paper Edition. Illus. xxvi 491 3pp. 1 vols. 8vo. DELUXE ISSUE. "what I was like when I had bark on". Detailed account of Roosevelt's life and actiivities during his years on the cattle ranch in the Dakota territory. The author remarks that Roosevelt chragred him with writing this book: "If you want to know what I was like when I had bark on . I want you to go out to Dakota!". Six-Score #52; Rampaging Herd 951; Reese 52; Dobie p. 104 Houghton Mifflin unknown books‎

Bookseller reference : 317154

ABAA

James Cummins Bookseller

€549.96 Buy

‎Roosevelt Theodore Jr.‎

‎Typed Letter Signed "Theodore Roosevelt" to Seymour Halpern‎

‎New York 1929. 1p. on personal "Oyster Bay" letterhead. 8vo. Old folds toning minor chipping at the bottom of the page not affecting text else fine. 1p. on personal "Oyster Bay" letterhead. 8vo. The Most Perilous Time in My Life. Reading in part: "I don't know what the most perilous time in my life was but I suppose it must have been various times during the war. The hunting trip that was the biggest success was the one we have just finished because on that we got the giant panda which has never been shot by a white man before. Neither Kermit nor I really enjoy fully exploring or hunting unless we are together. On this last expedition he had to leave two months before the end and I missed him greatly." <br/><br/>The eldest son of President Theodore Roosevelt and First Lady Edith Roosevelt Theodore "Ted" Roosevelt III known as Theodore Jr. grew up listening to his father's stories of wars and great battles and the expectations that every man should do his part. After graduating from Harvard Roosevelt launched a successful career in investment banking. At the outbreak of WWI he volunteered to be one of the first American soldiers to go to France serving as a battalion commander with the First Division where he was gassed and wounded at Soissons in 1918. After the war he served as Assistant Secretary of the Navy Governor of Puerto Rico and Governor-General of the Philippines. In the 1930s he reentered the business world becoming Chairman of the Board of American Express and Vice President of Doubleday Books. Despite arthritis brought on from injuries of the previous war and a serious heart condition that Roosevelt hid from his superiors he returned to active military duty in WWII and was promoted to the rank of brigadier general. A cane in one hand a pistol in the other Roosevelt led his troops into action in North Africa Tunisia and the invasion of Sicily where he was cited for "showing complete contempt for personal danger." His insistence on leading his men from the front culminated in June 1944 when he led the first wave of troops ashore at Utah Beach on D-Day during the invasion of Normandy. After being one of the first men on the beach Roosevelt discovered that they had landed south of their objective. He personally reconnoitered the area and returned with a revised plan of attack famously declaring that "We'll start the war from right here." Roosevelt adroitly directed troops to their new objectives remaining cool under intense fire and inspiring confidence in his men. When asked to name the single most heroic action he had ever seen in combat General Omar Bradley replied that it was "Ted Roosevelt on Utah Beach." Roosevelt died of a heart attack in France a month after the Normandy landings. He received the Medal of Honor which was awarded posthumously for his actions on D-day. unknown books‎

Bookseller reference : 309502

ABAA

James Cummins Bookseller

€549.96 Buy

‎Roosevelt Theodore Jr. and Kermit ROOSEVELT‎

‎East of the Sun and West of the Moon‎

‎New York: Scribner's 1936. Reprint first published 1926. Illustrated from photographs taken by K.R. x 284 pp. 1 vols. 8vo. Bound in three quarters modern brown calf and marbled boards. Fine. Reprint first published 1926. Illustrated from photographs taken by K.R. x 284 pp. 1 vols. 8vo. Czech Asia p. 174 for first ed. Scribner's unknown books‎

Bookseller reference : 316933

ABAA

James Cummins Bookseller

€211.52 Buy

‎Roosevelt Theodore Miller Joaquin 1837 1913‎

‎Why Mr. Roosevelt should serve again‎

‎1912. 6-1/2 pp. One page labeled "A". Folio. In a half brown morocco slipcase and chemise. 6-1/2 pp. One page labeled "A". Folio. In part "has been nominated by his party for the primary but once. He has been elected by the people but once."<br/><br/><br/>In 1912 Miller approached TR with a project for the Centennial of the War of 1812 and was rebuffed. Presumably this piece was written before that. unknown books‎

Bookseller reference : 301068

ABAA

James Cummins Bookseller

€1,269.15 Buy

‎Roosevelt Theodore with others‎

‎Some American Opinions on the Indian Empire‎

‎London: T. Fisher Unwin 1916. Softcover. NF interior but with light age soiling to wraps. Grey paper wraps stapled with red lettering; 31 pp. Comments by Roosevelt William Howard Taft Franklin E. Jeffreys Admiral Goodrich James M. Hubbard John P. Jones Sherwood Eddy Yearbook of Indian Missions a missionary and several others on the British rule of India. These are favourable opinions of Americans who have first-hand knowledge of the conditions in India at the time or who studied the situations at great length and were considered experts on the subject. T. Fisher Unwin paperback books‎

Bookseller reference : 119862

ABAA

Mullen Books, Inc. ABAA / ILAB
[Books from Mullen Books, Inc. ABAA / ILAB]

€33.84 Buy

‎Roosevelt Theodore.‎

‎African Game Trails.‎

‎New York.: Charles Scribner’s Sons. 1926. Brown embossed leatherettegilt spine title gilt portrait cameo on cover top edge stained brown patterned endpapers. Very good. 20.3x13.5 cm. weight: 1.4 lb. Charles Scribner’s Sons. hardcover books‎

Bookseller reference : 292002

ABAA

Zephyr Books
[Books from Zephyr Books]

€25.38 Buy

‎Roosevelt Theodore.‎

‎African Game Trails.‎

‎St. Martin's Press 1988. Later printing. Fine in fine dust jacket in mylar cover. B&W illustrations and photos. St. Martin's Press, 1988. Later printing. unknown books‎

Bookseller reference : Embry 192213

ABAA

€21.15 Buy

‎Roosevelt Theodore.‎

‎America and the World War; Fear God and Take Your Own Part.‎

‎New York.: Charles Scribner’s Sons. 1926. Brown embossed leatherettegilt spine title gilt portrait cameo on cover top edge stained brown patterned endpapers. Very good. 20.3x13.5 cm. weight: 1.4 lb. Charles Scribner’s Sons. hardcover books‎

Bookseller reference : 292005

ABAA

Zephyr Books

€38.07 Buy

‎Roosevelt Theodore.‎

‎American Ideals; The Strenuous Life; Relizable Ideals.‎

‎New York.: Charles Scribner’s Sons. 1926. Brown embossed leatherettegilt spine title gilt portrait cameo on cover top edge stained brown patterned endpapers. Very good. 20.3x13.5 cm. weight: 1.7 lb. Charles Scribner’s Sons. hardcover books‎

Bookseller reference : 292006

ABAA

Zephyr Books

€31.73 Buy

‎Roosevelt Theodore.‎

‎An Autobiography.‎

‎Macmillan 1913. First U.K. edition. Some inked numerals to rear free endpaper small splotch of white paint to lower spine overall very good with hinges firm and internally clean in custom mylar cover. Maroon cloth titled in gilt. Macmillan, 1913. First U.K. edition. hardcover books‎

Bookseller reference : Embry 193802

ABAA

€84.61 Buy

‎Roosevelt Theodore.‎

‎Social Justice and Popular Rule: Essays Addresses and Public Statements Relating to the Progressive Movement 1910-1916.‎

Bookseller reference : 291999

ABAA

Zephyr Books

€25.38 Buy

‎Roosevelt Theodore.‎

‎The Foes of our Own Household; The Great Adventure; Letters to His Children.‎

Bookseller reference : 292001

ABAA

Zephyr Books

€25.38 Buy

‎Roosevelt Theodore.‎

‎The Naval War of 1812 : The History of the United States Navy During the Last War with Great Britain to Which is Appended an Account of the Battle of New Orleans.‎

Bookseller reference : 291998

ABAA

Zephyr Books

€33.84 Buy

‎Roosevelt Theodore.‎

‎The Rough Riders.‎

‎The Lakeside Press 2003. First printing thus. Fine. Teal cloth no dust jacket. The Lakeside Press, 2003. First printing thus. hardcover books‎

Bookseller reference : Embry 196485

ABAA

€16.92 Buy

‎Roosevelt Theodore.‎

‎The Wilderness Hunter; Outdoor Pastimes of an American Hunter; A Book-Lover’s Holiday in the Open. 2 volumes.‎

‎New York.: Charles Scribner’s Sons. 1926. Brown embossed leatherettegilt spine title gilt portrait cameo on cover top edge stained brown patterned endpapers. Very good. 20.3x13.5 cm. weight: 2.8 lb. Charles Scribner’s Sons. hardcover books‎

Bookseller reference : 292007

ABAA

Zephyr Books

€38.07 Buy

‎Roosevelt Theodore.‎

‎The Winning of the West;: An account of the exploration and settlement of our country from the Alleghanies to the Pacific. 2 volumes.‎

‎New York.: Charles Scribner’s Sons. 1926. Brown embossed leatherettegilt spine title gilt portrait cameo on cover top edge stained brown patterned endpapers. Very good preliminaries creased and endpapers torn with a little loss on volume 1. 20.3x13.5 cm. weight: 2.9 lb. Charles Scribner’s Sons. hardcover books‎

Bookseller reference : 292000

ABAA

Zephyr Books

€33.84 Buy

‎Roosevelt Theodore.‎

‎Thomas Hart Benton: Gouverneur Morris.‎

Bookseller reference : 292004

ABAA

Zephyr Books

€25.38 Buy

‎Roosevelt Theodore.‎

‎Through The Brazilian Wilderness and Papers on Natural History.‎

Bookseller reference : 292003

ABAA

Zephyr Books

€25.38 Buy

‎Roosevelt Theodore. 1858 1919. Blatch Harriot Eaton Stanton 1856 1940‎

‎MOBILIZING WOMAN-POWER.; With a Foreword by Theodore Roosevelt‎

‎New York: The Womans Press 1918. 1st edition. Light brown vertically-ribbed cloth stamped in blue with a decorative frame surrounding the front board title stamping. A solid VG copy spine slightly darkened with blue lettering a bit dull/minor extremity wear. 195 pp. Appendix 'Documents Used in Women's War-Work in England and France'. Illustrated with a Frontis & 12 inserted plates. Crown 8vo. <br/><br/>Blatch the daughter of suffragist Elizabeth Cady Stanton who followed in her mother's footsteps by also becoming a leader in the late 19th/early 20th C. women's movement a writer and an advocate for labor reform. Blatch is credited with reviving & modernizing a suffrage movement which by the beginning of the 20th century was listless & flagging; she is also credited with motivating its evolution from a mostly middle & upper class movement to one which exhibited a concern for rights of working women primarily by her 1907 launching of the Equality League of Self-Supporting Women which held open-air meetings & inaugurated the first suffrage parades. Blatch's style was radical in nature combining a militant civil disobedience with political activism. The synergy generated her personal energy daring & political savvy spurred the Suffrage movement on aiding it in achieving its goal of enfranchising American women with the 1920 passage of the Constitution's 19th Amendment. With the coming of WWI Blatch directed her formidable personality & energies to aiding the war effort and this book was written in such a spirit- it describes the European female contribution to fighting the Hun & exhorts their American counterparts to do no less NAW Vol. I. The Womans Press hardcover books‎

Bookseller reference : 23310.1

ABAA

Tavistock Books, ABAA
[Books from Tavistock Books, ABAA]

€507.66 Buy

‎ROOSEVELT THEODORE. Cole Timothy‎

‎PORTRAIT OF THEODORE ROOSEVELT‎

‎Cole Timothy. Standing 3/4 length portrait 8 1/2 x 12 inches on a sheet 14 1/2 x 19 inches. Printed from a wood-engraving by Timothy Cole SIGNED in the plate and dated 1928. Additionally SIGNED by the artist in pencil in the margin. Some creasing to the blank margins else fine. <br/><br/> unknown books‎

Bookseller reference : 53101

ABAA

Andrew Cahan: Bookseller, Ltd
[Books from Andrew Cahan: Bookseller, Ltd]

€126.91 Buy

‎Roosevelt Theodore: Taft William Howard‎

‎PRINTED DOCUMENT SIGNED BY THEODORE ROOSEVELT AND WILLIAM HOWARD TAFT APPOINTING EDGAR RUSSEL AS MAJOR IN THE SIGNAL CORPS‎

‎Washington 1904. Printed document 19 1/2 x 15 3/4 inches completed in manuscript mounted and framed to 24 1/2 x 20 1/2 inches. Minor soiling. Near fine. Attractive engraved broadside completed in manuscript and signed by President Theodore Roosevelt and Secretary of War William Howard Taft appointing Edgar Russel to the rank of major in the Signal Corps. With the embossed seal of the War Department at the bottom and contemporary docketing near the top edge. After serving as Roosevelt's Secretary of War Taft would be elected to the presidency himself in 1909. Very nice mounted and framed for display. unknown books‎

Bookseller reference : WRCAM43456

ABAA

William Reese Company
[Books from William Reese Company]

€1,692.20 Buy

‎Roosevelt Theodore; Illustrated by Frederic Remington‎

‎Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail.‎

‎New York: The Century Co. 1896. Early printing of Roosevelt's<i> </i>fascinating account of the West. Quarto original publisher's decorated cloth top edge gilt. Illustrated by Frederic Remington. In very good condition. Bookplate. Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail is a detailed wide-ranging look at life in western America by the future president from his ranch on the Little Missouri covering the range the ranch the round-up and much more. Combines the talents of two of the most important chroniclers of the early American west. Frederic Remington was "the most successful Western illustrator in the 'Golden Age' of illustration at the end of the 19th century and the beginning of the 20th so much so that the other Western artists such as Charles Russell and Charles Schreyvogel were known during Remington's life as members of the 'School of Remington" Samuels ix. This is the second in Roosevelt's series of four books on ranching and hunting. The Century Co. hardcover books‎

Bookseller reference : 125077

ABAA

Raptis Rare Books

€719.18 Buy

‎Roosevelt Theodore; Munsey Frank A.; Hard William‎

‎Lest We Forget His Record Theodore Roosevelt‎

‎New York: No Publisher 1916. RARE piece of campaign literature from the 1916 presidential election. "31 Notable Achievements of Theodore Roosevelt's Administration" by Frank A. Munsey; "How Roosevelt Kept Peace " by William Hard. 10 pages in stapled self-wrappers portrait of Roosevelt front cover. Very Good wrappers browned at edges small tear top edge at spine small tears top edge rear wrapper. . First Edition. Pamphlet. Very Good/No Jacket As Issued. No Publisher Paperback books‎

Bookseller reference : 004270

ABAA

Dale Steffey Books
[Books from Dale Steffey Books]

€42.31 Buy

‎Roosevelt Theodore; Twain Mark; Kennan George‎

‎The Century Illustrated Monthly Magazine. Volume 13: November 1887 to April 1888‎

‎The Century Co 1887. Very Good. Roosevelt Theodore. The Century Illustrated Monthly Magazine. Volume 13: November 1887 to April 1888. Twain Mark; Kennan George. NY: The Century Co 1887. 972pp. Illustrated. Small 4to. Leather with gilt embossing on front cover. Book condition: Very good with rubbing and bumping to extremities and both hinges cracked but still holding. Contains <i>In the Cattle Country</i> <i>The Home Ranch</i> and <i>The Round-up</i> by Theodore Roosevelt; all are a part of <i>Ranch Life in the Far West</i>. Mark Twain writes <i>Meisterschaft: In Three Acts</i>. George Keenan contributes <i>The Last Appeal of the Russian Liberals</i> <i>Prison Life of the Russian Revolutionists</i> <i>Russian Provincial Prisons</i> <i>A Russian Political Prison</i> <i>Russian State Prisoners</i> and <i>Russian Penal Code</i>. The Century Co hardcover books‎

Bookseller reference : UROOCEN00ZZ

ABAA

Weller Book Works ABAA/ILAB
[Books from Weller Book Works ABAA/ILAB]

€38.07 Buy

‎Roosevelt Theodore; William Howard Taft; John Muir; John Burroughs; Bernard Baruch et al. Olga Roosevelt‎

‎Theodore Roosevelt Signed and Inscribed Autograph Quotation Book.‎

‎c. 1903. Olga Roosevelt's autograph book lengthily inscribed and signed by Theodore Roosevelt as President of the United States William Howard Taft as Vice President of the United States and several other famous figures of the era including naturalists John Muir and John Burroughs and financier Bernard Baruch. Octavo bound in full vellum with hand painted decorations to the spine and panels patterned endpapers. Inscribed and signed by Theodore Roosevelt with a lengthy quotation "No one quality by itself makes a good man or woman; many are essential; but three especially - courage straightforward honesty and common sense. Theodore Roosevelt July 23rd 1903." Inscribed by William Howard Taft "For Miss Olga Roosevelt with best wishes of William H. Taft May 23 1910." Inscribed by American naturalist John Burroughs "The most precious things of life are without money & without price John Burroughs Sept 8 1903." Inscribed by the President of Cornell University and United States Ambassador to Germany Jacob Gould Schurman "Beauty graceful manners good temper common sense and a kind heart: these are the qualities that make a woman to be beloved and powerful. J.G. Schurman East Hampton September 14th 1903." Additionally inscribed by Alfred W.S. Garden American diplomat Robert Underwood Johnson American screenwriter Daniel Carson Goodman and American naval officer Leigh Carlyle Palmer. Signed by John Muir and signed and dated by Bernard Baruch "B. Baruch Jan 20th 1920." From the collection of Theodore Roosevelt's niece Olga Roosevelt. Roosevelt was the heiress to a fortune of several million dollars left her by her mother. She made her debut in Washington in 1908 and married Dr. Breckenridge Bayne in 1911. In very good condition. An exceptional collection of signatures with noted provenance. Theodore Roosevelt was an American statesman author explorer soldier naturalist and reformer who served as the 26th President of the United States from 1901 to 1909. As a leader of the Republican Party during this time he became a driving force for the Progressive Era in the United States in the early 20th century. hardcover books‎

Bookseller reference : 116342

ABAA

Raptis Rare Books

€12,691.50 Buy

‎Roosevelt Theordore.‎

‎Letters and Speeches.‎

‎Library of America 2004. First printing thus. Lengthy but neat gift inscription verso front free endpaper fine in fine dust jacket in mylar cover. Tan cloth. Library of America, 2004. First printing thus. hardcover books‎

Bookseller reference : Embry 184666

ABAA

€16.92 Buy

‎Roosevelt Theordore.‎

‎Letters and Speeches.‎

‎Library of America 2004. First printing thus. Fine in fine publisher's slipcase. Tan cloth. Library of America, 2004. First printing thus. hardcover books‎

Bookseller reference : Embry 172940

ABAA

€16.92 Buy

‎Roosevelt Thoedore.‎

‎Memories of the American Frontier.‎

‎Westvaco 1977. First edition thus. Fine in fine publisher's slipcase. B&W illustrations. Olive cloth with gilt titles. Westvaco, 1977. First edition thus. hardcover books‎

Bookseller reference : Embry 145133

ABAA

€21.15 Buy

‎Roosevelt White House‎

‎1902 Teddy Roosevelt White House Stereoview‎

‎White House stereoview sepia toned 3 x 7" The Perfect Stereograph Teddy Roosevelt "State Dinner to Prince Henry East Room of the White House fancily decorated view of East Room for a 1902 Teddy Roosevelt White House Dinner. In excellent condition. unknown books‎

Bookseller reference : 9936

ABAA

Max Rambod Inc.
[Books from Max Rambod Inc.]

€71.92 Buy

‎ROOSEVELT ( Théodore)‎

‎Le devoir de l’Amérique en face de la guerre.‎

‎Paris, Perrin, 1917; in-12 broché. 229 pp.‎

Bookseller reference : 35502159

Livre Rare Book

Librairie du Manoir de Pron
Montigny sur Canne France Francia França France
[Books from Librairie du Manoir de Pron]

€25.00 Buy

‎ROOSEVELT (Blanche).‎

‎La vie et les oeuvres de Gustave Doré.‎

‎Editions Douin, 2014, in-8°, 208 pp, broché, couv. illustrée, bon état‎

‎L’américaine Blanche Roosevelt a été la première à consacrer une biographie à Gustave Doré (1832-1883), à son talent protéiforme inégalé. Illustrateur, graveur, peintre sculpteur : une existence de Titan, une production prodigieuse ! Aussitôt après la disparition de l’artiste, Blanche Roosevelt, l’amie éprise de vérité et d’idéal, a rencontré ses amis et ses proches, plongé dans ses archives et découvert ses derniers dessins. Deux ans plus tard, elle livrait l’histoire de sa vie et de ses oeuvres, un document unique par sa fraîcheur et la minutie des détails et des anecdotes rapportées. Ce texte a été le socle indispensable à toutes les études sur Gustave Doré. A l’époque de sa parution en 1887, de nombreuses illustrations incorporées étaient inconnues du grand public et inédites. Cet ouvrage est encore aujourd’hui incontournable pour les amateurs de Gustave Doré.‎

Bookseller reference : 117305

Livre Rare Book

Pages d'Histoire - Librairie Clio
Paris France Francia França France
[Books from Pages d'Histoire - Librairie Clio]

€25.00 Buy

‎ROOSEVELT (Elliott)‎

‎MON PERE M’A DIT… Préface d’Eleanor Roosevelt.‎

‎Flammarion, sans date. In-12, broché, 305 pages. Edition originale française. Un des 110 exemplaires numérotés sur vélin des Vosges (n°59), seul grand papier avec 30 sur pur chiffon. E. Roosevelt évoque dans ce livre les cinq grandes conférences de la guerre dont il fut le témoin aux côtés de son père. Non coupé.‎

Bookseller reference : 17668

Livre Rare Book

Librairielegalet
Paris France Francia França France
[Books from Librairielegalet]

€30.00 Buy

Number of results : 14,934 (299 Page(s))

First page Previous page 1 ... 235 236 237 [238] 239 240 241 ... 249 257 265 273 281 289 297 ... 299 Next page Last page