Professional bookseller's independent website

‎Roosevelt franklin delano‎

Main

Parent topics

‎History‎
Number of results : 14,934 (299 Page(s))

First page Previous page 1 ... 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 ... 150 174 198 222 246 270 294 ... 299 Next page Last page

‎Roosevelt Pollock‎

‎Impact‎

‎WestBow Press 2011-09-01. Paperback. Used:Good. WestBow Press paperback‎

Bookseller reference : DADAX1449725929 ISBN : 1449725929 9781449725921

Biblio.com

Ergodebooks
United States Estados Unidos Estados Unidos États-Unis
[Books from Ergodebooks]

€18.34 Buy

‎Roosevelt Wild Life‎

‎IMPORTANCE OF ANIMALS IN FORESTRY AND LAND-ECONOMIC SURVEY IN MICHIGAN‎

‎Syracuse NY: Syracuse University Press. G/NO DUSTJACKET. 1926. Paperback. ROOSEVELT WILD LIFE BULLETIN OF THE ROOSEVELT WILD LIFE FOREST EXPERIMENT STATION VOL. 3 NO. 4 OF THE NEW YORK STATE COLLEGE OF FORESTRY AT SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY VOL. 25 NO. 7D OCTOBER 1926 . 8vo. 699 pp cover not attached yellowed some . Syracuse University Press paperback‎

Bookseller reference : BOOKS225758

Biblio.com

Riverow Bookshop, INC ABAA
[Books from Riverow Bookshop, INC ABAA]

€12.69 Buy

‎Roosevelt Theodore‎

‎Important Essay and Lesson of President Theodore Roosevelt on Honesty and Integrity in Government‎

‎In a lengthy letter to his 1904 campaign manager he defines what it means and how it is attained what sacrifices are required to guarantee it the personal satisfactions attending it the necessity of public service and the need for purity of motives and actions by public officials and what constitutes the place nature and allowable extent of political contributions in politics. Perhaps the most significant letter on government TR ever to reach the market directly on the subject regarded as his greatest legacy The “disinterested and effective work for decent politics depends†on people who “are willing at great personal inconvenience and sacrifice to give their time and money to the service of a cause the triumph of which represents not one particle of advantage to themselves personally…†His campaign contributions were made “freely by men who did not ask and who never have received one particle of consideration in the shape of legislation or administrative act as a reward for having so contributed — exactly as no man has been in any way discriminated against for not having contributedâ€; and the giving of contributions†does not entitle “any giver to any consideration beyond his fellows.†Late in the 1904 presidential campaign Democratic nominee Alton Parker made the explosive charge that the Republican nominee President Theodore Roosevelt though responsible for enforcing the antitrust laws had accepted large campaign gifts from big corporations. In a speech at Madison Square Garden Parker attacked the political corruption arising from the acceptance of such gifts and called for clean elections. Four days before the election Roosevelt angrily denied the charge denouncing Parker's statements as "unqualifiedly and atrociously false.†The following year the New York Legislature Insurance Investigation Committee known as the “Armstrong Committee" met took testimony on claimed abuses in the field and on February 2 1906 issued a report critical of the industry and highlighting a number of questionable practices. The presidents of the three largest insurance companies resigned and some of their corporate officers were indicted for grand larceny. Since the companies had made political contributions the report also recommended a prohibition on such corporate contributions. It was an admitted fact that corporations gave money to candidates and that President Roosevelt had been the beneficiary of a good deal of it. Relying on the Armstrong Committee report the Democratic press therefore revived Parker’s charges of the campaign of 1904 - that TR accepting such funds was corrupt or at least could lead to corruption. Cornelius N. Bliss was chairman of the Republican committee in New York in 1887 and 1888 and contributed much to the success of the Benjamin Harrison ticket in his state in the 1888 election. He served as treasurer of the Republican National Committee from 1892 to 1904. He turned down the offer of becoming Secretary of the Treasury under President McKinley but accepted the post of Secretary of the Interior maintaining that position until 1899. While in office Bliss focused on forestry and Indian affairs. Offered by McKinley the vice presidential slot in his 1900 reelection campaign he declined so the nod went instead to Theodore Roosevelt. In 1904 Bliss was Roosevelt’s campaign manager and he handled and indeed solicited much of the corporate funds that flowed into TR’s campaign coffers. So the slings and arrows of the Democratic press in 1906 were also aimed at him and at his integrity. George Cortelyou was one of Roosevelt’s most trusted associates. TR named him to the position of Secretary of Commerce and Labor in 1903. Cortelyou left that position in 1904 to become the Chairman of the Republican National Committee and starting in 1905 he also served as the Postmaster General. He left both of those posts to become Secretary of the Treasury in 1907. As Chairman of the Republican National Committee during the 1904 presidential campaign he worked closely with Bliss TR’s campaign chairman. Roosevelt was a veritable champion of honesty in government and indeed made it his primary theme throughout his political career. It defined him and was a major factor in his term as president and in his deciding to run for president in 1912 as a candidate of the Progressive Party. He intended it to be his legacy. So this claim of dishonesty hit him where it hurt the most. What follows is perhaps the most significant letter on government Theodore Roosevelt one could image. It is no mere defense of himself but constitutes an essay on honesty and integrity in government what it means and how it is attained what sacrifices are required to guarantee it the personal satisfactions attending it the necessity of public service and the need for purity of motives and actions by public officials and what constitutes the place nature and allowable extent of political contributions in politics. Now we will let Roosevelt speak eloquently for himself: Typed letter signed on White House letterhead Washington March 26 1906 6 full pages to Bliss and marked “Personalâ€. “I hope you have not been bothered by these outrageous assaults upon you in connection with the campaign contributions. I have felt the keenest indignation as I have read them. No upright and honest man who knows anything of the real facts will attack you and every thinking man knows that you stand as pre-eminent among the men of the very type upon whom all chance of disinterested and effective work for decent politics depends for you are the most conspicuous representative of that class — as yet I am thankful to say considerable in numbers — whose members are willing at great personal inconvenience and sacrifice to give their time and money to the service of a cause the triumph of which represents not one particle of advantage to themselves personally save in so far as they share with the rest of our eighty millions of people in the credit that comes from honorable and efficient conduct of the affairs of the people as a whole. A free government can only exist if good citizens at election time are given the chance to express their views and if the cause of good government has the arguments on its behalf presented fairly through the press on the stump and in pamphlets no less than through private conversation. This of course means that there must be organization and when the organization covers three million square miles of territory inhabited by eighty millions of people and when it is desired to elect a President the members of the House of Representatives and the Legislatures which elect United States Senators there must be expense. So far from its being true that there is any lavish and unusual expenditure of money at an American election such as the national election in 1904 the reverse is the fact. I was interested in comparing the figures which show that the expenditures in the Presidential election in 1904 were less than the expenditures at the last preceding election for Members of Parliament in the British Isles although there is there a very stringent ‘corrupt practices act’ and although the voting constituency in the British Isles is so much smaller. Not one successful attempt has been made or can be made to show that a dollar of this amount was spent improperly by the sanction of any responsible person nor indeed has the attempt been made to show that it has been spent improperly at all; while it is not only true that there has come to me no suggestion that the giving of contributions entitles any giver to any consideration beyond his fellows but it is furthermore true that on a number of occasions as for instance in connection with the tobacco interests and in connection with a wealthy man who wished to be considered for the position of Minister to Belgium contributions were immediately declined when it was found either that the donor hoped for some favor or even that the Government was about to take some action which affected the donor or donors; while as soon as it was known that certain big financiers as well as influential politicians like Mr. Odell had urged the appointment of James H. Hyde as Ambassador to France Mr. Cortelyou and I believe you also protested strongly and the financiers in question at once accepted my explanation of why it would be impossible to put so young and untried a man in any such position and abandoned all effort to press him. “As I understand the amount of money raised in the 1904 campaign was about one-half as large as that raised in the 1896 campaign; it is publicly stated that it was but one half as large as the amount raised for President Cleveland’s campaign in 1892. This however is aside from the point which is that the money was spent legitimately in legitimate campaign expenses and that no pretense has been made to the contrary; and that it was contributed freely by men who did not ask and who never have received one particle of consideration in the shape of legislation or administrative act as a reward for having so contributed — exactly as no man has been in any way discriminated against for not having contributed. Mr. Frick was one of my staunchest allies; Messrs. Ryan and Belmont two of our most resolute opponents. Not only has no single act been done by the administration or by Congress which could be construed by its most frantic opponent into favoring the financial interests of the one side or discriminating against the financial interests of the other but I do not believe that even the most mendacious critic would assert such to be the case. There is a peculiar baseness in the hypocrisy of the men who now attack you for receiving contributions in1896 when in that year it was known to everyone who knew anything at all in New York that the big corporations of the highest repute and standing were contributing and were frantically applauded for doing so. “Just before the campaign closed Mr. Cortelyou issued an address in which he spoke as follows: 'The campaign has been conducted with a much smaller fund then any presidential campaign for the past twelve years. The fund this year although made up of contributions from more than four thousand persons has been about one half as large as the Republican fund when President McKinley was elected in 1896 and about one half as large as the Democratic fund when President Cleveland was elected in 1892. Every part of this fund has come from voluntary contributions made without demand importunity or pressure; and without any agreement pledge promise assurance or understanding express or implied regarding the policy or the action of the administration or looking to any benefit or advantage to any contributor except the benefit which will come to all business and to all our people from the continuance of Republican policies and Republican administration.’ “This described with exactness the course you and he had followed; it was in every respect right; and if the campaign were to be waged over again I should have nothing to say to both of you save to tell you to conduct the campaign in the precise manner in which you actually did conduct it. That all the contributors were worthy no man can say any more than it is possible to say that all those are worthy who are contributing to the Red Cross fund for the Japanese sufferers which is being collected under my authority. But in one case as in the other the immense majority of those contributing were and are worthy men influenced by worthy motives. Indeed considering the action taken by the administration in the various suits against the Beef Trust the Tobacco Trust against the railroad companies in the matter of rebates etc etc. and in view of the course we have pursued throughout in all corporation matters it ought to be wholly unnecessary so much as to allude to any allegation that any contribution from any source has been allowed to influence in the slightest degree any administrative act of mine or any legislation I have recommended since I have been President. I have already stated that no attempt to influence me in such matters has ever been made by anyone connected with the campaign. “So much for the general situation. Now as to you personally. The two hardest positions and the most important in any political campaign are those of Chairman and Treasurer of the National Campaign Committee. You accepted the treasurership in 1896 in 1900 and finally with great reluctance again in 1904 at my repeated and urgent request. Not merely is it true that you wanted nothing and would take nothing for yourself but during my entire time as President you have come to me for no favor and have merely when I asked you been willing to give me counsel and advice just as Root gave it when he was out of the Cabinet; just as President Nicholas Murray Butler of Columbia University gives it as Albert Shaw gives it and as President Wheeler of the University of California gives it as many other citizens in private life give it. In other words you have rendered the highest public service not only absolutely without any kind of reward but at the cost of great personal inconvenience. For this you have had not one particle of acknowledgment except the sense of being one of those men whose best effort has always been at the command of the nation and whose public service has been as efficient as it was faithful and disinterested; and you have won the lasting respect admiration and affection of all those who know you intimately and especially of Your attached friend Theodore Roosevelt.†The judgment of history would please Roosevelt. Today after over a century his name is associated with honesty and integrity in government; they are almost synonymous. What he cared the most about remains his greatest legacy and a standard against which all others can be measured unknown‎

Bookseller reference : 11780

Biblio.com

The Raab Collection
[Books from The Raab Collection]

€16,922.00 Buy

‎Roosevelt Franklin D.‎

‎In a Famous Letter Reminiscent of Lincoln’s ‘Bixby Letter’ President Franklin D. Roosevelt Comforts a Family That Had Lost Three Sons Killed in a Battle Off Guadalcanal in November 1942‎

‎“There is little that I can say to lessen the burden of your grief…our country which owes to you and them a debt of undying gratitude. As Commander in Chief I express to you a nation's sympathy.†His words are readily reminiscent of those Abraham Lincoln wrote to Mrs. Bixby who lost five sons in the Civil War The Rogers brothers’s deaths and those of the Sullivan brothers led to the adoption of a rule that no longer permitted family members to serve with each other in combat areas Among the literary masterpieces of Abraham Lincoln states William Springer in his work “Tributes to Abraham Lincoln†are his melancholy Springfield Farewell Speech his Second Inaugural Address and the famous letter to Mrs. Lydia Bixby a Boston widow who had lost five of her sons in the Civil War. The latter letter reads “Executive Mansion Nov. 21 1864. Dear Madam: I have been shown in the files of the War Department a statement of the Adjutant-General of Massachusetts that you are the mother of five sons who have died gloriously on the field of battle. I feel how weak and fruitless must be any words of mine which should attempt to beguile you from the grief of a loss so overwhelming. But I cannot refrain from tendering to you the consolation that may be found in the thanks of the republic they died to save. I pray that our heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom. Yours very sincerely and respectfully — Abraham Lincoln.†That was 1864. Now for 1942. Jack Ellis Rogers Jr. Charles Ethbert Rogers and Edward Keith Rogers were killed in action aboard the USS New Orleans during the Battle of Tassafaronga off Guadalcanal in the Solomon Islands on November 30 1942. In that battle one American ship was sunk three badly damaged and almost 400 men killed. The news reached President Roosevelt soon after and he determined to put aside his duties of the day to reach out to the Rogers family to express his personal condolences as Lincoln had to Mrs. Bixby. This is the now famous letter FDR wrote the Rogers boys’ parents. Typed Letter Signed on White House letterhead Washington January 4 1943 to Mr. and Mrs. J. E. Rogers. “I have just been advised of your loss of three sons who gave their lives in the performance of their duty in action against the enemy. There is little that I can say to lessen the burden of your grief. However I want you to know that your great sorrow is shared not only by myself but by the entire Naval Service. Your sons Jack Ellis Jr. Edward Keith and Charles Ethbert gave their lives in the service of our country which owes to you and them a debt of undying gratitude. As Commander in Chief I express to you a nationâ€s sympathy. I pray that God will comfort you and give you strength to bear this great sorrow. Very sincerely yours — Franklin D. Roosevelt.†Though time has led to some loss of text since the letter is well known and published the full text is readily available. Springer rightly sees a comparison between the two letters as that comparison readily came to our minds even prior to seeing his book. Springer praises Lincoln’s masterful language then says “…both letters are great in their own way and that never before nor since Lincoln’s time has anyone been able to emulate his extraordinary literary ability. As a matter of fact Rogers letter in some respects seems to bear considerable likeness to the Bixby letter.†This letter of Roosevelt and the one he wrote to the Sullivan family whose five sons were killed when their ship sent down also in the Guadalcanal campaign are the two great servicemen’s condolence letters FDR wrote during World War II. It is privilege to carry this one. The Navy named the destroyer the USS Rogers DD-876 after the three Rogers brothers. If was launched in 1945 served during World War II and was decommissioned in 1980. The Navy named two destroyers after the Sullivans to honor those brothers: The USS The Sullivans DD-537 and USS The Sullivans DDG-68. DD-537 was the first American Navy ship ever named in plural after more than one person. Wikipedia states that the deaths of both the Sullivan and Rogers brothers led to the adoption of a rule that no longer permitted family members to serve with each other in combat areas unknown‎

Bookseller reference : 12550

Biblio.com

The Raab Collection
[Books from The Raab Collection]

€16,922.00 Buy

‎Roosevelt Margaret‎

‎In Another Country‎

‎Athena Press. Used - Very Good. Ships from Reno NV. Former Library book. Great condition for a used book! Minimal wear. 100% Money Back Guarantee. Shipped to over one million happy customers. Your purchase benefits world literacy! Athena Press unknown‎

Bookseller reference : GRP97643580 ISBN : 1930493061 9781930493063

Biblio.com

Better World Books
[Books from Better World Books]

€5.47 Buy

‎ROOSEVELT TUGWELL REXFORD G.:‎

‎IN SEARCH OF ROOSEVELT‎

‎Harvard University Press Massachusetts 1972. First edition 313pp ex libris usual cancellation stamps pockets etc. very good faint gum stains to free endpapers d/w very good in plastic light rubbing Harvard University Press Massachusetts 1972 unknown‎

Bookseller reference : 7947

Biblio.com

Hard To Find Books
New Zealand Nueva Zelanda Nova Zelândia Nouvelle-Zélande
[Books from Hard To Find Books]

€8.23 Buy

‎Roosevelt J. West; editor.‎

‎IN SICKNESS AND HEALTH: A Manual of Domestic Medicine and Surgery Hygiene Dietetics and Nursing Dealing in a Practical Way with the Problems Relating to the Maintenance of Health the Prevention and Treatment of Disease and the Most Effective Aid in Emergencies.‎

‎New York: D. Appleton and Company 1896. 1896. Fair. - Thick octavo dark green cloth titled in gilt on the spine & front cover with decorative frames in blind on both covers. The binding is rubbed & bumped. The rear joint is chipped. The head of the spine is chipped & there is a tear to the tail. xvi & 991 pages. Illustrated with 4 color plates with tissue guards including a frontispiece and with plates & numerous textual illustrations in black & white. The hinges are cracked. There is a 1903 gift inscription on the front pastedown & endpaper and the endpaper is chipped. There is offsetting to pages 604-605 from a slip of paper used as a bookmark & 1 index page is stained. Good working copy. <p>12 authors contributed to this manual.</p> New York: D. Appleton and Company, 1896. hardcover‎

Bookseller reference : 95320

Biblio.com

Blue Mountain Books & Manuscripts, Ltd.
[Books from Blue Mountain Books & Manuscripts, Ltd.]

€63.46 Buy

‎Roosevelt James West ed.‎

‎In sickness and in health; a manual of domestic medicine and surgery hygiene dietetics and nursing. By George Waldo Crary M.D. Frederic S. Lee PH.D. Josiah Royce PH.D. and others and J. West Roosevelt M.D. editor. 1896. Volume 1896. 1896‎

‎2020. Paperback. New. Lang: - eng Vol: - Volume 1896. Pages 1028. Reprinted in 2020 with the help of original edition published long back 1896. This book is Printed in black & white sewing binding for longer life with Matt laminated multi-Colour Soft Cover HARDCOVER EDITION IS ALSO AVAILABLE Printed on high quality Paper re-sized as per Current standards professionally processed without changing its contents. As these are old books we processed each page manually and make them readable but in some cases some pages which are blur or missing or black spots. We expect that you will understand our compulsion in these books. We found this book important for the readers who want to know more about our old treasure so we brought it back to the shelves. Any type of Customisation is possible with extra charges. Hope you will like it and give your comments and suggestions. Volume 1896. paperback‎

Bookseller reference : PB1111014287592

Biblio.com

Gyan Books
India India Índia Inde
[Books from Gyan Books]

€38.62 Buy

‎Roosevelt James West ed‎

‎In sickness and in health; a manual of domestic medicine and surgery hygiene dietetics and nursing 1896 Leather Bound‎

‎2019. Leather Bound. New. Leather Binding on Spine and Corners with Golden Leaf Printing on round Spine. Reprinted in 2019 with the help of original edition published long back 1896. This book is printed in black & white sewing binding for longer life Printed on high quality Paper re-sized as per Current standards professionally processed without changing its contents. As these are old books we processed each page manually and make them readable but in some cases some pages which are blur or missing or black spots. If it is multi volume set then it is only single volume if you wish to order a specific or all the volumes you may contact us. We expect that you will understand our compulsion in these books. We found this book important for the readers who want to know more about our old treasure so we brought it back to the shelves. Hope you will like it and give your comments and suggestions. Lang: - eng Pages 1040. EXTRA 10 DAYS APART FROM THE NORMAL SHIPPING PERIOD WILL BE REQUIRED FOR LEATHER BOUND BOOKS. FOLIO EDITION IS ALSO AVAILABLE. hardcover‎

Bookseller reference : LB1111000319000

Biblio.com

Gyan Books
India India Índia Inde
[Books from Gyan Books]

€75.36 Buy

‎Roosevelt James West‎

‎In sickness and in health; a manual of domestic medicine and surgery hygiene dietetics and nursing 1896 Leather Bound‎

‎2019. Leather Bound. New. Leather Binding on Spine and Corners with Golden Leaf Printing on round Spine. Reprinted in 2019 with the help of original edition published long back 1896. This book is printed in black & white sewing binding for longer life Printed on high quality Paper re-sized as per Current standards professionally processed without changing its contents. As these are old books we processed each page manually and make them readable but in some cases some pages which are blur or missing or black spots. If it is multi volume set then it is only single volume if you wish to order a specific or all the volumes you may contact us. We expect that you will understand our compulsion in these books. We found this book important for the readers who want to know more about our old treasure so we brought it back to the shelves. Hope you will like it and give your comments and suggestions. Lang: - eng Pages 1028. EXTRA 10 DAYS APART FROM THE NORMAL SHIPPING PERIOD WILL BE REQUIRED FOR LEATHER BOUND BOOKS. FOLIO EDITION IS ALSO AVAILABLE. hardcover‎

Bookseller reference : LB1111002721879

Biblio.com

Gyan Books
India India Índia Inde
[Books from Gyan Books]

€74.99 Buy

‎In sickness and in health; a manual of domestic medicine and surgery hygiene dietetics and nursing 1896‎

‎2020. Paperback. New. Lang: - eng Pages 1040. Reprinted in 2020 with the help of original edition published long back 1896. This book is Printed in black & white sewing binding for longer life with Matt laminated multi-Colour Soft Cover HARDCOVER EDITION IS ALSO AVAILABLE Printed on high quality Paper re-sized as per Current standards professionally processed without changing its contents. As these are old books we processed each page manually and make them readable but in some cases some pages which are blur or missing or black spots. If it is multi volume set then it is only single volume if you wish to order a specific or all the volumes you may contact us. We expect that you will understand our compulsion in these books. We found this book important for the readers who want to know more about our old treasure so we brought it back to the shelves. Any type of Customisation is possible with extra charges. Hope you will like it and give your comments and suggestions. paperback‎

Bookseller reference : PB1111000319000

Biblio.com

Gyan Books
India India Índia Inde
[Books from Gyan Books]

€38.99 Buy

‎Roosevelt James West‎

‎In sickness and in health; a manual of domestic medicine and surgery hygiene dietetics and nursing 1896‎

‎2020. Paperback. New. Lang: - eng Pages 1028. Reprinted in 2020 with the help of original edition published long back 1896. This book is Printed in black & white sewing binding for longer life with Matt laminated multi-Colour Soft Cover HARDCOVER EDITION IS ALSO AVAILABLE Printed on high quality Paper re-sized as per Current standards professionally processed without changing its contents. As these are old books we processed each page manually and make them readable but in some cases some pages which are blur or missing or black spots. If it is multi volume set then it is only single volume if you wish to order a specific or all the volumes you may contact us. We expect that you will understand our compulsion in these books. We found this book important for the readers who want to know more about our old treasure so we brought it back to the shelves. Any type of Customisation is possible with extra charges. Hope you will like it and give your comments and suggestions. paperback‎

Bookseller reference : PB1111002721879

Biblio.com

Gyan Books
India India Índia Inde
[Books from Gyan Books]

€38.62 Buy

‎In sickness and in health; a manual of domestic medicine and surgery hygiene dietetics and nursing 1896 Hardcover‎

‎2020. Hardcover. New. Lang: - eng Pages 1040. Reprinted in 2020 with the help of original edition published long back 1896. This book is Printed in black & white Hardcover sewing binding for longer life with Matt laminated multi-Colour Dust Cover Printed on high quality Paper re-sized as per Current standards professionally processed without changing its contents. As these are old books we processed each page manually and make them readable but in some cases some pages which are blur or missing or black spots. If it is multi volume set then it is only single volume if you wish to order a specific or all the volumes you may contact us. We expect that you will understand our compulsion in these books. We found this book important for the readers who want to know more about our old treasure so we brought it back to the shelves. Any type of Customisation is possible with extra charges. Hope you will like it and give your comments and suggestions. hardcover‎

Bookseller reference : 1111000319000

Biblio.com

Gyan Books
India India Índia Inde
[Books from Gyan Books]

€41.52 Buy

‎Roosevelt James West‎

‎In sickness and in health; a manual of domestic medicine and surgery hygiene dietetics and nursing 1896 Hardcover‎

‎2020. Hardcover. New. Lang: - eng Pages 1028. Reprinted in 2020 with the help of original edition published long back 1896. This book is Printed in black & white Hardcover sewing binding for longer life with Matt laminated multi-Colour Dust Cover Printed on high quality Paper re-sized as per Current standards professionally processed without changing its contents. As these are old books we processed each page manually and make them readable but in some cases some pages which are blur or missing or black spots. If it is multi volume set then it is only single volume if you wish to order a specific or all the volumes you may contact us. We expect that you will understand our compulsion in these books. We found this book important for the readers who want to know more about our old treasure so we brought it back to the shelves. Any type of Customisation is possible with extra charges. Hope you will like it and give your comments and suggestions. hardcover‎

Bookseller reference : 1111002721879

Biblio.com

Gyan Books
India India Índia Inde
[Books from Gyan Books]

€41.15 Buy

‎Roosevelt J. amesWest 1858 1896 et al.‎

‎In Sickness and In Health; A Manual of Domestic Medicine and Surgery Hygiene Dietetics and Nursing‎

‎New York: Appleton 1896. First Edition. Chromolithographic Frontispiece of a Nurse. 991 pp. 1 vols. Large 8vo. Green original cloth. VG inner hinge starting. First Edition. Chromolithographic Frontispiece of a Nurse. 991 pp. 1 vols. Large 8vo. <br/><br/> Appleton hardcover‎

Bookseller reference : 255446

Biblio.com

The Old Mill Bookshop
[Books from The Old Mill Bookshop]

€105.76 Buy

‎Roosevelt J. West‎

‎In Sickness and in Health‎

‎NY. D. Appleton. 1912. 1912. Small quarto hardcover hinges starting minor shelfwear else good in green cloth. Medical book from 1912. Hundreds of illustrations. 991 pages. A manual of domestic medicine and surgery hygiene dietetics and nursing; dealing in a practical way with the problems relating to the maintenance of health the prevention and treatment of disease and the most effective aid in emergencies. . Hardcover. Very Good/No Dj. NY. D. Appleton. 1912. Hardcover‎

Bookseller reference : 2327

Biblio.com

bookwitch
[Books from bookwitch]

€21.15 Buy

‎Roosevelt Kermit‎

‎In the Shadow of the Law: A Novel‎

‎Farrar Straus and Giroux 2005-06-15. Hardcover. Good/Good. Clean sturdy copy in a good dj - SR Farrar, Straus and Giroux hardcover‎

Bookseller reference : D15195 ISBN : 0374261873 9780374261870

Biblio.com

Amazing Books & Records
[Books from Amazing Books & Records]

€5.91 Buy

‎Roosevelt Kermit‎

‎In the Shadow of the Law‎

‎paperback. Used book paperback‎

Bookseller reference : 2896

Biblio.com

Next Page Bookstore, LLC
[Books from Next Page Bookstore, LLC]

€2.54 Buy

‎Roosevelt Kermit‎

‎Picador. Used - Very Good. Very Good condition. Picador unknown‎

Bookseller reference : F23F-00481 ISBN : 0312425880 9780312425883

Biblio.com

Wonder Book
[Books from Wonder Book]

€7.61 Buy

‎Roosevelt Kermit‎

‎Farrar Straus and Giroux. Collectible - Good. Signed Copy Collectible - Good. Good dust jacket. Signed/Inscribed by author on title page. Farrar, Straus and Giroux unknown‎

Bookseller reference : O08J-00075 ISBN : 0374261873 9780374261870

Biblio.com

Wonder Book
[Books from Wonder Book]

€8.16 Buy

‎Roosevelt Kermit‎

‎Farrar Straus Giroux. Collectible - Good. Collectible - Good. Advance Reader's Copy. Writing inside. Farrar, Straus, Giroux unknown‎

Bookseller reference : N09B-01960

Biblio.com

Wonder Book
[Books from Wonder Book]

€12.06 Buy

‎Roosevelt Kermit‎

‎Picador. Reprint. Paperback. Used; Good. Simply Brit Shipped with Premium postal service within 24 hours from the UK with impressive delivery time. We have dispatched from our book depository; items of good condition to over ten million satisfied customers worldwide. We are committed to providing you with reliable and efficient service at all times. 06/13/2006 Picador paperback‎

Bookseller reference : 2636328 ISBN : 0312425880 9780312425883

Biblio.com

Brit Books Ltd
United Kingdom Reino Unido Reino Unido Royaume-Uni
[Books from Brit Books Ltd]

€4.44 Buy

‎Roosevelt Kermit‎

‎Picador. PAPERBACK. 0312425880 Brand New! Not overstocks or remainder copy!VCF . New. Picador paperback‎

Bookseller reference : OTF-S-9780312425883 ISBN : 0312425880 9780312425883

Biblio.com

Ambis Enterprises LLC
[Books from Ambis Enterprises LLC]

€15.59 Buy

‎Roosevelt Kermit‎

‎Farrar Straus and Giroux 2005-06-15. Hardcover. Good. No CD Included. Access code may be previously used. Moderate dirt wear wrinkling or creasing on cover or spine. Good binding. Moderate writing and highlighting. Cover has used book stickers or residue. Marker on cover or bottom edge of book. Farrar, Straus and Giroux hardcover‎

Bookseller reference : 0374261873-3 ISBN : 0374261873 9780374261870

Biblio.com

Borgasorus Books, Inc
[Books from Borgasorus Books, Inc]

€5.07 Buy

‎Roosevelt Kermit‎

‎Picador 2006-06-13. Paperback. Acceptable. FAST SHIPPING!! No CD Included. Access code may be previously used. Heavy wear wrinkling creasing or tears on cover and spine. Heavy writing and highlighting. Cover has used book stickers or residue. Marker on cover or bottom edge of book. Book may have additional damage or defects not listed above. Picador paperback‎

Bookseller reference : 0312425880-4 ISBN : 0312425880 9780312425883

Biblio.com

Borgasorus Books, Inc

€5.07 Buy

‎Roosevelt Kermit‎

‎Picador 2006-06-13. Paperback. Very Good. No CD Included. Access code may be previously used. Light dirt wear fading or curling of cover or spine. Good Binding. Minimal if any highlighting or writing. Cover has used book stickers or residue. Picador paperback‎

Bookseller reference : 0312425880-2 ISBN : 0312425880 9780312425883

Biblio.com

Borgasorus Books, Inc

€5.07 Buy

‎Roosevelt Kermit‎

‎Picador 2006-06-13. Paperback. Good. No CD Included. Access code may be previously used. Moderate dirt wear wrinkling or creasing on cover or spine. Good binding. Moderate writing and highlighting. Cover has used book stickers or residue. Marker on cover or bottom edge of book. Picador paperback‎

Bookseller reference : 0312425880-3 ISBN : 0312425880 9780312425883

Biblio.com

Borgasorus Books, Inc

€5.07 Buy

‎Roosevelt Kermit‎

‎New York: Farrar Straus Giroux 2005. First Edition. Hardcover. Near fine/very good. Octavo; pp; vi 370; black cloth letterred in gilt and blue paper covered boards in an unclipped dust jacket;. First edition of the author's first novel. Farrar, Straus, Giroux hardcover‎

Bookseller reference : 17023

Biblio.com

Austin's Antiquarian Books
[Books from Austin's Antiquarian Books]

€10.58 Buy

‎Roosevelt Kermit‎

‎In the Shadow of the Law A Novel‎

‎NY: Farrar Straus and Giroux. Very Good in Good dust jacket; Some wear to dust jacket. No markings . other than previous owners initial. 2005. Hardcover. 0374261873 . 9.10 X 6.30 X 1.50 inches; 384 pages . Farrar, Straus and Giroux hardcover‎

Bookseller reference : 121949 ISBN : 0374261873 9780374261870

Biblio.com

Neil Shillington: Bookdealer & Booksearch
[Books from Neil Shillington: Bookdealer & Booksearch]

€5.42 Buy

‎Roosevelt Kermit‎

‎Farrar Straus and Giroux. Used - Very Good. Very Good condition. Very Good dust jacket. Owner's name inside. Farrar, Straus and Giroux unknown‎

Bookseller reference : C09D-00595 ISBN : 0374261873 9780374261870

Biblio.com

Wonder Book
[Books from Wonder Book]

€8.16 Buy

‎Roosevelt Kermit‎

‎Farrar Straus and Giroux 2005. This hardcover book is Fine being square and tight. The boards and spine have no wear with pristine lettering. The pages and endpages are clean with no markings or folds. The dustjacket is As New. Original Price is intact. Not ex-lib. No remainder mark. This copy is signed by the Author on the title page without inscription. HARDCOVER. Collectible; Fine. Signed by Author. First Edition. Farrar, Straus and Giroux Hardcover‎

Bookseller reference : 006986 ISBN : 0374261873 9780374261870

Biblio.com

Southron Books, LLC
[Books from Southron Books, LLC]

€27.08 Buy

‎Roosevelt Kermit‎

‎Farrar Straus and Giroux. Hardcover. 0374261873 First Print. First edition. Signed by the author on the title page. NOT inscribed clipped or otherwise marked. Dust jacket in protective cover and shipped in a box. . Fine. Farrar, Straus and Giroux hardcover‎

Bookseller reference : SKU1000599 ISBN : 0374261873 9780374261870

Biblio.com

Garys Books
[Books from Garys Books]

€6.77 Buy

‎Roosevelt Kermit‎

‎In The Shadow Of The Law‎

‎Westminster Maryland U.S.A.: Random House 2005. Audio Book. Good. Audio CD. 5 AUDIO CDs withdrawn from the library collection. Each CD is polished for your satisfaction for worthwhile set. Some library marking sticker and stamp to the clamshell case. Enjoy this reliable Audio CD performance. Random House unknown‎

Bookseller reference : 100104282014474 ISBN : 0739319906 9780739319901

Biblio.com

The Yard Sale Store
[Books from The Yard Sale Store]

€5.88 Buy

‎Roosevelt Kermit‎

‎Picador 2006/06/13 00:00:00.000. Trade Paperback . Good. RooseveltKermit In The Shadow Of The Law: A Novel Slight edge and corner wear. All Orders Shipped With Tracking And Delivery Confirmation Numbers. Picador paperback‎

Bookseller reference : 250042 ISBN : 0312425880 9780312425883

Biblio.com

Colorado's Used Bookstore, Inc.
[Books from Colorado's Used Bookstore, Inc.]

€5.50 Buy

‎Roosevelt Kermit‎

‎In The Shadow Of The Law‎

‎New York: Farrar Straus & Giroux 2005 2005 First Printing with full number line. Hardcover. Near Fine in Very Good unclipped dust jacket. A clean and tightly bound copy. Short stray pen mark to fore-edge otherwise pages clean and unmarked. No bookplates stampings or other markings. Small bumps to bottom corners of hardcover dust jacket lightly edgeworn with a few light creases and rubs no tears or chips. Small spots along jacket spine. Binding tight book straight. 6 x 9-1/4"; 370 pages. First Edition. Hard Cover. Near Fine/Very Good. Farrar Straus & Giroux hardcover‎

Bookseller reference : 002510 ISBN : 0374261873 9780374261870

Biblio.com

Knickerbocker Books
[Books from Knickerbocker Books]

€13.54 Buy

‎Roosevelt Kermit‎

‎Gordonsville Virginia U.S.A.: Farrar Straus & Giroux 2005. fiction. First Printing. Hardcover. Fine/No Jacket. Farrar Straus & Giroux Hardcover‎

Bookseller reference : 38608 ISBN : 0374261873 9780374261870

Biblio.com

Booketeria
[Books from Booketeria]

€3.26 Buy

‎Roosevelt Kermit‎

‎New York: Farrar Straus and Giroux 2005. A lawyer book of a different color. How do the viccisitudes of the law affect the lawyers and the communities in which they live. Signed by Author. First Edition First Printing. Hard Cover. As New/As New. Farrar, Straus and Giroux Hardcover‎

Bookseller reference : DDR2340 ISBN : 0374261873 9780374261870

Biblio.com

DDRBOOKS
[Books from DDRBOOKS]

€33.84 Buy

‎Roosevelt Kermit‎

‎Holtzbrinck Publishers 2006. Soft Cover. Good. Book shows moderate wear/ spine tight pages clean/ covers creased; moderate edge wear/ corners creased/ several page tips creased; several pages and page edges creased and wrinkled Holtzbrinck Publishers paperback‎

Bookseller reference : 017268 ISBN : 0312425880 9780312425883

Biblio.com

Harvest Moon Farm Book Cellar
[Books from Harvest Moon Farm Book Cellar]

€4.23 Buy

‎Roosevelt Kermit‎

‎IN THE SHADOW OF THE LAW‎

‎New York NY U.S.A.: Farrar Straus & Giroux 2005. First Edition First Printing 1st Printing. Hardcover. As New/Fine. 8vo - over 7�" - 9�" tall. As new unread copy in fine mylar-protected dust jacket. L69 <br/> <br/> Farrar Straus & Giroux hardcover‎

Bookseller reference : 10760 ISBN : 0374261873 9780374261870

Biblio.com

Joe Staats, Bookseller
[Books from Joe Staats, Bookseller]

€15.23 Buy

‎Roosevelt Kermit‎

‎In the Shadow of the Law ARC‎

‎FSG NY 2005 2005. First edition. ARC/uncorrected proof. PB 8vo 370 pp. Very Good tight and clean. 1st Edition. Soft cover. FSG, NY, 2005 Paperback‎

Bookseller reference : B8922

Biblio.com

Maya Jones Books
[Books from Maya Jones Books]

€10.58 Buy

‎Roosevelt Kermit‎

‎IN THE SHADOW OF THE LAW SIGNED‎

‎Gordonsville Virginia U.S.A.: Farrar Straus & Giroux 2005. A 370 debut legal thriller by a former US Supreme Court Clerk Yale Law School graduate and professor of law at the University of Pennsylvania Law School. SIGNED and dated by the author on the title page. First edition first printing. New and unread. Dust jacket is enclosed in a clear mylar cover. Book will be carefully packed and shipped in a box. Signed by Author. First Edition. Hard Cover. Very Fine/Very Fine. Farrar Straus & Giroux Hardcover‎

Bookseller reference : 14499 ISBN : 0374261873 9780374261870

Biblio.com

Kathleen Simpson
[Books from Kathleen Simpson]

€29.61 Buy

‎roosevelt dunn‎

‎In the Valley of Decision insights to sustain your faith‎

‎<p>Agape Love Newport News Va./clean and tight/BOX218</p> decision time publishing paperback‎

Bookseller reference : biblio2014 ISBN : 1934038008 9781934038000

Biblio.com

Agape Love, Inc.
[Books from Agape Love, Inc.]

€15.23 Buy

‎Roosevelt Dunn‎

‎In the Valley of Decision Insights to Sustain Your Faith‎

‎Decision Time Publishing 2007-01-01. Paperback. Good. Decision Time Publishing paperback‎

Bookseller reference : SONG1934038008 ISBN : 1934038008 9781934038000

Biblio.com

Ergodebooks
[Books from Ergodebooks]

€7.25 Buy

‎Roosevelt Theodore‎

‎In the Words of Theodore Roosevelt: Quotations from the Man in the Arena‎

‎Cornell University Press. Hardcover. 0801449960 Remainder mark . Fine. Cornell University Press hardcover‎

Bookseller reference : Z0801449960Z1 ISBN : 0801449960 9780801449963

Biblio.com

BEST BATES
[Books from BEST BATES]

€16.68 Buy

‎Roosevelt Theodore‎

‎Cornell University Press. Hardcover. 0801449960 . New. Cornell University Press hardcover‎

Bookseller reference : Z0801449960ZN ISBN : 0801449960 9780801449963

Biblio.com

Mega Buzz Inc
[Books from Mega Buzz Inc]

€16.82 Buy

‎Roosevelt Theodore‎

‎Cornell University Press. Hardcover. 0801449960 . New. Cornell University Press hardcover‎

Bookseller reference : Z0801449960ZN ISBN : 0801449960 9780801449963

Biblio.com

BEST BATES
[Books from BEST BATES]

€16.82 Buy

‎Roosevelt Theodore‎

‎Cornell University Press. Hardcover. 0801449960 BRAND NEW GIFT QUALITY! NOT OVERSTOCKS OR MARKED UP REMAINDERS! DIRECT FROM THE PUBLISHER!VCF . New. Cornell University Press hardcover‎

Bookseller reference : OTF-Y-9780801449963 ISBN : 0801449960 9780801449963

Biblio.com

Ambis Enterprises LLC
[Books from Ambis Enterprises LLC]

€12.97 Buy

‎Roosevelt Theodore‎

‎Cornell University Press. New. Special order direct from the distributor Cornell University Press unknown‎

Bookseller reference : ING9780801449963 ISBN : 0801449960 9780801449963

Biblio.com

Russell Books Ltd
Canada Canadá Canadá Canada
[Books from Russell Books Ltd]

€19.42 Buy

‎Roosevelt Franklin Delano‎

‎INAUGURAL ADDRESS. Franklin Delano Roosevelt. Washington D.C. March 4 1933‎

‎K.C. MO: Record List Co 1933. Broadside. 40.5 x 31cm. Portrait in green of Roosevelt overlaid with the calligraphic text of his speech in oval shape surrounded by the names and dates of service of the Presidents from Washington to Roosevelt within decorative curved lines the whole outlined by a rectangular border with stars for each state including the date of their entrance into the Union. Illustrations of an eagle top center and the Statue of Liberty Hyde Park White House and the Capitol in each corner. Intricate and pleasingly in its design. A few edge tears and some small chipping. A calligraphic copyright notation for the design by Claude E. Halbert Kansas City Mo. 1933 in the lower right corner. <br/><br/> Record List Co unknown‎

Bookseller reference : 64535

Biblio.com

Bartlebys Books
[Books from Bartlebys Books]

€190.37 Buy

‎Roosevelt Franklin D.‎

‎Inaugural Address Of Franklin D. Roosevelt Limited Edition; President of the United States. Delivered At The Capital Washington D.C. January 201937‎

‎Washington DC: Government Printing Office 1937. Limited Edition. Pamphlet. Fine. Octavo IX. Gray wrappers title printed on cover. Stapled at spine. Includes letter of provenance from John Valentine Books dated 1949 detailing the publication. This limited edition publication was delivered to the White House on February 18 1937 with only 100 copies being printed. Halter T-627-a An exceptionally scarce publication with no records of this pamphlet coming to market. Government Printing Office unknown‎

Bookseller reference : 1864

Biblio.com

The First Edition Rare Books, LLC
[Books from The First Edition Rare Books, LLC]

€423.05 Buy

Number of results : 14,934 (299 Page(s))

First page Previous page 1 ... 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 ... 150 174 198 222 246 270 294 ... 299 Next page Last page